2010 6.7 Cummins with DPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Hey guys I got a quick question what performance mods can I do without making check engine light turn on?

I would like to remove my NOx and DPF but know it will bring on my check engine lights and right now don't have the funds for a tuner to change that. Or is it possible for me to take off those pieces and break the filters inside and keep it plugged in so it "thinks" it's still there?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
I know I can do a cold air intake but trying to see what else I can do

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Don't waste your money on a cold air intake, unless you are just looking to add some sound.
You can replace the NOX and DPF with race pipes, but without a tuner you'll need SIMs. The simulate that the NOX and DPF are still present so the truck doesn't go into regen, but you will have a CEL. For your year I believe it'***** and miss (07-09 had no issues) but you can unplug your EGR valve to pick up a mpg or so.

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Don't waste your money on a cold air intake, unless you are just looking to add some sound.
You can replace the NOX and DPF with race pipes, but without a tuner you'll need SIMs. The simulate that the NOX and DPF are still present so the truck doesn't go into regen, but you will have a CEL. For your year I believe it'***** and miss (07-09 had no issues) but you can unplug your EGR valve to pick up a mpg or so.
But my understanding I still need a tuner for the egr, and I saw a write up for the NOx, and DPF Sims which I would attempt if I was good with that kind of stuff

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
To sum it up, no you can't touch the cats or DPF filter without a delete capable tuner. If you gut them the sensors will know you did and put you into limp mode anyway.
Sims are an option but not at all a reliable one. There are lots of people that have had issues with them. Not necessarily right at first, but down the road. And no, you can't touch the EGR without having a delete capable tuner installed either.

I would recommend saving up until you can afford the tuner and then go from there. Buy a full aftermarket exhaust or delete pipes and an EGR/cooler delete and do it right. It'll cost you a pretty penny but it's fully worth it and you definitely won't be disappointed. A deleted truck is a whole new feeling compared to a choked stock one.