2010 dodge ram 3500 6.7 cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Hey guys have a quick question, on my truck I don't have a dpf system but I did notice 2 big round cylinder looking deals on my exhaust are they both catalytic converters or what? And can I hollow them out without motor going in limp mode? Also what will removal of my muffler do anything for exhaust note or anything?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Your truck definitely does have a DPF system and that's what you're looking at. There's a cat in your downpipe, a second one which is the first canister, and then the DPF filter is the third. You need a delete capable tuner in order to remove any of them.

The resonator is a straight through design, not an actual muffler. So removing it won't really do anything for exhaust sound.

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Your truck definitely does have a DPF system and that's what you're looking at. There's a cat in your downpipe, a second one which is the first canister, and then the DPF filter is the third. You need a delete capable tuner in order to remove any of them.

The resonator is a straight through design, not an actual muffler. So removing it won't really do anything for exhaust sound.
Alright thanks man!! I appreciate the insight!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01