2011 5.7 1500 Radiator Replacement - Yay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been a while since I've been around here.

My baby has a radiator leak. Replacing the Jeep's radiator this summer wasn't enough.
Now I just started poking my head around, pulled off the grille. I can't see an obvious petcock/drain for the radiator. I've been surprised how little info online I can find for a 4th gen as well. Anything I have found says it's on the passenger side? But nothing obvious there. On the driver's side though I see a spout/pipe come off the rad horizontally with a hex head beside it. It's not the usual valve I'm used to but is that what I'm looking for?

Yes, I can just yank off the lower hose and let the coolant splash around all over, but I'd rather not.

If anyone knows of a good write up for the 5.7 hemi I'd appreciate it. Most of what I've found is for 3rd gen. I'm thinking I'll be wishing I was replacing the Jeep's radiator again by the time I'm done with this thing. :crazy:

bhonshell42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do a search in the forum - radiator flush diy. There is a great photo of the pet **** drain.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Raist11

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
D'oh.. realized by default the Search is set to search entire posts. Once I switched to Subject only I finally got rid of results like "Synthetic Oil". I wondered why there were no results for this.

Last edited:

bhonshell42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I Googled radiator flush diy. I found the thread in a ram forum.

bhonshell42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my search, the ram forum is the sixth line down on the page

OP
OP
Raist11

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I Googled radiator flush diy. I found the thread in a ram forum.

Seems it can be different for some. Searching radiator flush diy on Google yields nothing from ram forum. I had even tried 2011 Ram... 4th gen ram. The most infuriating part was searching 4th gen Ram and getting all 3rd gen ram results. Anyways, got it now though. Thanks for the input.

I should say, the pic in that thread does in fact show what I have, so that's all good.

bhonshell42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am glad you found the necessary information you were trying to find

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
On the driver's side though I see a spout/pipe come off the rad horizontally with a hex head beside it. It's not the usual valve I'm used to but is that what I'm looking for?
Yep, that's it. 10mm Allen. I'm not sure what the external size is