2011 HEMI motor upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so now that we have a tuner for the new HEMI, I'm going to turbo the power wagon. there is two questions I have, what torque converters are out there for these trucks and also who has some nice cams and injectors?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
A 4wd is probably better suited to a positive displacement supercharger if you actually wheel it. I'd be looking at the Magnuson kit from Arrington Performance....it comes with everything you need and the boost/power is instant.

OP
OP
Captain McGillycutty

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about that to but I wanted to do something different. I got a Guy that works for me and he is a turbo genius and I can get the stuff cheap I was just waiting for a tuner, to come up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Get the stuff cheap and turbo don't go well together

I agree, got with an SC, unless your spending the money to change internals to run a lot of boost you will be a lot better off
Not to mention turbo lag with 40's even with 4:56, that low end boost of an SC will be like heaven

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the stuff cheap and turbo don't go well together

I agree, got with an SC, unless your spending the money to change internals to run a lot of boost you will be a lot better off
Not to mention turbo lag with 40's even with 4:56, that low end boost of an SC will be like heaven

turbos are the opposite of sc, they like higher gears, 3.08's or 3.21's are ideal for turbo applications

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the difference.
The OP has a PW on 40's though....

even better with those tires and gear combo backed by his tranny he will be in boost more often which is gonna give him better results in the powerband not to mention hold the lower gears longer while in boost.

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
turbo setupscan be trickie when dealing with heavy trucks like the PW but there are some heavy 1500's and even 2500 gas turbo setups running mid 11-12's rockin 35 inch tires. gotta love da booooooost

OP
OP
Captain McGillycutty

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
even better with those tires and gear combo backed by his tranny he will be in boost more often which is gonna give him better results in the powerband not to mention hold the lower gears longer while in boost.

Exactly what I'm doing. and by cheap I didn't mean cheap parts, I own a 4x4 shop and can get decent deals on quality parts. I'm not looking to build a race truck!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking around 8-10psi MAX for low end gains not ridiculous amounts of boost. The gears and tires are perfect for this set up. I've done the math and talked to many people. So back to my question what torque converters are out there for these trucks and cams. I used to be very active here but have been busy running my business.

KozzyJr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly what I'm doing. and by cheap I didn't mean cheap parts, I own a 4x4 shop and can get decent deals on quality parts. I'm not looking to build a race truck!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking around 8-10psi MAX for low end gains not ridiculous amounts of boost. The gears and tires are perfect for this set up. I've done the math and talked to many people. So back to my question what torque converters are out there for these trucks and cams. I used to be very active here but have been busy running my business.

sweet setup. but if your looking for lowend torque turbo isnt the route your looking for. turbos/turbo setups run in the higher rpm's. there more of a top-end preformance application. with a turbo set-up your gonna want at least a 3000 stall, to elminate the lag. if your looking for a torque setup SC or Procharger is more along the lines of what your looking for.Sc will give you that low-end grunt with full boost and lower Rpm's and falling off at top-end while a Procharger is more linear when it comes to boost buildup which is Probably best suited for your goals. which ever application you go with isnt goning to be cheap , but will put a smile on your face.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You going to fab up an exhuast for a front mount turbo right?? The remote turbo's do not hold enough heat to lite and lag more so then a normal front mount. You also gonna run a small mm to build any boost down low or do a compound setup.

Far as cam's Arrington has the newer VVT cam's. For Verter Matt on here at Moes has been doing alot with the edges.

Front mount 88mm in Jeep
Jeep2.jpg

My vote for you would be a Kenne Bell (you want rare and can't think of anyone on the truck boards with a Kenne)
photobucket-18121-1334229370641.jpg

Its not easy to bring on boost on a turbo on a gasser early like it is in a diesel, but you have a guy doing your work that has alot of turbo time it sounds like. I can tell you now that is Kenne has more kick in the pants down low rpms and cover a wider band. The Turbo setup does not lite till 3,500 and wont hit max boost till higher.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like mentioned, a turbo setup with 40's is going to make things a little difficult. You are going to want a higher stall in the 3000rpms range so that you can get that turbo to light, but that means added heat...especially while trying to turn those heavy tires. Because you are working on a 1 of a kind setup, I would recommend calling Edge directly and talk to them about what would be best for your application. Setting up a converter for a build like this is very precise, so they need to know every detail of the build before building it.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
sweet setup. but if your looking for lowend torque turbo isnt the route your looking for. turbos/turbo setups run in the higher rpm's. there more of a top-end preformance application. with a turbo set-up your gonna want at least a 3000 stall, to elminate the lag. if your looking for a torque setup SC or Procharger is more along the lines of what your looking for.Sc will give you that low-end grunt with full boost and lower Rpm's and falling off at top-end while a Procharger is more linear when it comes to boost buildup which is Probably best suited for your goals. which ever application you go with isnt goning to be cheap , but will put a smile on your face.

Thats what I was trying to get to haha