2012 Dodge 1500 Hemi shutting off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbendekovits

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.9
So I recently purchased a used 2012 5.8L gas back in September. The weather has been really warm the past few months with today being the first cold day. I have the infamous Hemi tick when I start it up until I let it warm up. Today I stopped at a stop sign and the truck shut off. It started right back up, I went to the next stop sign and everything was fine. Got to the third stop sign and it shut off again. Not sure if the one has to do with the other, but since it does it, I figured I would add it to the post. Any ideas on why it would shut off.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How many miles? 5.7 Hemi?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sounds like when idled low, it's causing it to shut off. Have you had it tuned up or have ben driving it's you've purchased it ?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My dad has an 03 with the 5.7 and a while back his stuck would run and when he would stop at a light his truck was sounding like it wanted to shut off and his rpms were up and down and up and down...lol. Long story short his spark plugs were due for a change and that's what fixed his problem.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Run the codes see what they say. Could be ignition switch. You try 5w30 yet on the oil change? Redline oil got rid of my tick.