2012 ram 1500 Transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuckerbj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey y'all. I have a problem with my 2012 Ram 1500. I was doing a tug of war (stupid I know, please don't remind me how bad of a choice that was) and in the middle my truck died. After I got it started back up the truck seems like it is stuck in neutral. It refuses to go anywhere but will roll.
When I put the truck into drive it goes straight to 4th gear on the "gear select?"
I have cycled through 4hi 4lo 2wd and so on but nothing seems to work. When I try to hit neutral on the button under the selector it won't illuminate and if I hold it down it will just blink red.
I have just replaced the transfer case shift motor and that did not fix it. The thing is when I put the truck into drive the RPM's drop much like they would if the truck was in drive but still the engine revs notmally but won't drive.
The other day I got those error codes but after I cleared them they have not come back yet.
The truck is 6 speed automatic, 2012.
If anyone has any guidance they can provide me I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 32

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
it sounds like the tranny went into limp mode is transmission or dealer shop i hope im wrong good luck

dstryr

The one and only
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post a video of the tug-o-war?

Best luck getting 'er rolling

OP
OP
T

tuckerbj

Reaction score