2012 v6 performance help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pdrader79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello everyone.. im Paul and recently got a 2012 ram v6.. I know there is not a lot of performance parts out there to beef the performance.. I just put in a drop in k&n.. im going to do a diy intake pipe and do a flow master and remove resonator.. is a jet performance stage 1 or other programmer worth it for this truck.. I do a lot of highway driving but would like more power down low when hauling.. I would also like better mpgs since I do have a 50 mile commute daily.. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I mean this with the utmost sincerity, your 3.7 V6 will be a money pit for very little gains.

You will be dollars and sense ahead either trading it off for a Hemi V8 derived RAM or just accepting what you got and keeping it maintained.

Last edited:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^what he said and this is coming from the same namesake as the op

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hello everyone.. im Paul and recently got a 2012 ram v6.. I know there is not a lot of performance parts out there to beef the performance.. I just put in a drop in k&n.. im going to do a diy intake pipe and do a flow master and remove resonator.. is a jet performance stage 1 or other programmer worth it for this truck.. I do a lot of highway driving but would like more power down low when hauling.. I would also like better mpgs since I do have a 50 mile commute daily.. any advice would be greatly appreciated

I put a stage 1 on my 3.6 Durango. Gained more than 2mpg & some throttle response. I already had a K&N CAI.
Put the K&N CAI & Stage 1 on my 6.4 Hemi & have seen no real gains out of the chip.