2013 RAM 1500 321 > 392 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nate, go with 4.10s. Thats what l have and l love them. You will wonder why 4.10s weren't stsndard. My normal routine is to start the truck and punch both trac control, and tow/haul.

Now, this next part is not typical, but l can do it occationally. I reset the lie-o-meter at my friend's house. If l happen to get really good gas, and l really try, l can get the dash to read 23 mpg, for the 40 mile trip home. That's driving 55, or less most of the time.

^I hate driving like that for long, tho. It's nice to know the potential is there.

And do the lsd, while you're at it.

Last edited:

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get another route to install the bils, unless that includes parts. I paid 330 for the front adj struts and rear shocks, went to an off road shop they installed all four corners for 140 and then the alignment

OP
OP
N

nforkram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I hear you on the Bilsteins. I have a good shop that I normally use. But figured since all apart for the front diff anyway, surprised they agreed to do it, they might change their mind once I say, hey set them at 2.1!

They say 2-3 days, I expect 5, and, didn't want to have drop off again and have another wait for the Bilsteins.

Confirmed the costs, have a Friday appointment to drop off, we'll see how the write up goes, LSD Install?

I got a 5 page e-mail backing everything up, so should be good.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yeah... Just as promised 4wheelparts told me today that they don't have the right parts. That's the bad news. The good news is that the dealer is getting charged for the price difference. Unknown right now what final cost is but it's not going to be the original 2k quote lmao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Nate, go with 4.10s. Thats what l have and l love them. You will wonder why 4.10s weren't stsndard. My normal routine is to start the truck and punch both trac control, and tow/haul.

Now, this next part is not typical, but l can do it occationally. I reset the lie-o-meter at my friend's house. If l happen to get really good gas, and l really try, l can get the dash to read 23 mpg, for the 40 mile trip home. That's driving 55, or less most of the time.

^I hate driving like that for long, tho. It's nice to know the potential is there.

And do the lsd, while you're at it.
Thanks for the reply....I somehow missed it the other day. My cousin could do the work if I secure the parts so it's just the issue of trust. lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Tuned in. Gear swap and lifetime warranty is what I wish I had! The 9.25 can be a pain if that damn nut comes loose.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If l was going with 35" tires, l'd have given serious consideration to 4.56s. 4.10s on 33/32" is about right.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, 4wheelparts was wrong and the forums were right. They had to get a new front diff from the Dodge dealer. Luckily for me they are making the dealership I bought it from pay for the $1200 difference lmao.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the truck back and been breaking in the gears for a few days. So far so good

OP
OP
N

nforkram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Dropped mine off on Friday, verified the costs, looking forward to getting it back, 3.92s, LSD, Bilsteins (2.1), and Mag-Hytec Cover.

OP
OP
N

nforkram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
HEMI 5.7
All done, truck runs great, truck feels a lot better.

Trying to get my sales codes updated now.

Blisteins at 2.1 seem about right, just a little rake.

The Mag-Tec diff cover looks awesome.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
3:21 changed out for 3:92 is a night and day difference.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to drain the diffs tomorrow. Got about 800 miles on the new gears and they recommended 500 =/. Should be fine though.

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nforkram I see you did the swap, I know Moe's has the right rear components but I am looking for the correct front assembly part from Mopar One and they have been no help. Can you tell me what you ordered from them to accomplish the swap? Thanks!

Got all of the parts, front, rear, LSD, mostly from Moe's and MOPAR One, all OEM, for a 3.92 / LSD Upgrade.

When I bought the truck, I got the lifetime care, after driving, decided I wanted to upgrade the gear ratio, and add the LSD. I can cancel the warranty within 60 days, have local driveline shop do the the install, and get all of my warranty money back.

Or, Chrysler Warranties Direct, said, if I had a RAM dealer do the install, then I would not void the warranty. Anybody ever had a dealer to this? Not sure if they can.

I know it is going to cost more, but with all of the electronics and all, would like to keep the warranty if I can.

OP
OP
N

nforkram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That is the right part number and I did confirm with Mike at Moparone before I purchased. Couldn't be happier with the outcome, so far!