2013 Ram 1500 4.7 V8 - Intake, exhaust advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBousley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Engine
4.7 litre
Anyone out there with this year and model truck find any cold air or exhaust / headers that you'd recommend? Finding parts for this one is tough. I want to see if I can get better throttle response, acceleration and a good growl.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's no headers available for the later 4.7,Airraid has a CAI,any exhaust for a hemi will fit,Matt sells a ported throttle body ,ATI has an underdrive pulley,and you can do a Diablo tuner,Jet sells an overpriced piece of crap 180 thermostat for the later 4.7,i went through 3 of them,before giving up and putting the stock T-stat back in,you can do a clutch fan delete if you have a tuner to adjust the factory electric fan,that's about it for budget engine mods,the other options left are deeper gears and higher stall convertor and maybe a small shot of nitrous,realistically if you do all of the above,you could probably trade it off on a Hemi truck and be farther ahead moneywise,:favorites13:

OP
OP
G

GBousley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7
Engine
4.7 litre
There's no headers available for the later 4.7,Airraid has a CAI,any exhaust for a hemi will fit,Matt sells a ported throttle body ,ATI has an underdrive pulley,and you can do a Diablo tuner,Jet sells an overpriced piece of crap 180 thermostat for the later 4.7,i went through 3 of them,before giving up and putting the stock T-stat back in,you can do a clutch fan delete if you have a tuner to adjust the factory electric fan,that's about it for budget engine mods,the other options left are deeper gears and higher stall convertor and maybe a small shot of nitrous,realistically if you do all of the above,you could probably trade it off on a Hemi truck and be farther ahead moneywise,:favorites13:

The thought to wait and trade up has steadily been on my mind. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963