2014 with a diablosport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick question. I have a 14 with intake and exhaust. I really want to turn MDS off completely. Right now I do it by putting the truck in 8th gear. I know hemi fever offers good tuning.

My question is, I'm debating on getting a diablosport and just running the 89 canned tune. Anyone like it? Is it worth the money? Any noticeable gains?

Thanks guys!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got the I2 and had HF put together a custom tune. It was definitely worth it.

The 89 & 91 canned tunes didn't do much for my truck at all.

HF can do the custom tune and turn off your MDS as well.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No doubt that Hemifever custom tune is better than canned tune---a real difference.
Jay

OP
OP
VB712

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not very computer friendly. Haha. I have messaged moes a few times with questions but never got a reply

How do the custom tunes work? Do they come already loaded onto the diablosport when I purchase it or how does it work?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He usually answers within about 24 hrs. Try 214-789-1110
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm not very computer friendly. Haha. I have messaged moes a few times with questions but never got a reply

How do the custom tunes work? Do they come already loaded onto the diablosport when I purchase it or how does it work?

Matt will definitely get back to you.

The programmer comes with Diablosport's "canned tunes" for 87/89/91 octane fuels and they do include a few minor tweaks. Not bad but there is so much more to realize, hence the custom tunes.

A custom tune is done with the tuner who has you load up a canned tune and do whatever tweaking you can do (tire size, rev limiter, speed limiter, etc...) then you drive your vehicle while logging what the vehicle is doing using your programmer.

Then you email the logs to the tuner who will tweak on the tune, then send you a new tune file via email. You load that tune onto your programmer, then take it to the truck and download it just like you did with the canned tune.

You'll log once or twice more, send the logs to the tuner and they send you a new tune file.

If you have specific requests, such as turning off MDS or setting specific shift points it's a good time to let the tuner know this when you send in the first set of logs.

And that's kinda how it gets done.

photonburst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran HF, then lost the tune in a reset and rode with a (2015era) DS one. Finally got around to getting a log over to Sean and Ka-bam!! Night and day difference. Especially enjoying the tranny shifting now.

johntra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with Hemifever you will not regret it, plus Sean is super supportive and professional..

BR