2015 DiabloSport Dyno Tuned Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Dyno sheet below is from my truck - 2015 Ram 1500 Sport QC. DS used it to Dyno tune a new PCM and then Dyno tested it to validate that tune. They then returned the truck to me with both PCM’s (old one in mopar box the new one came in).
I have to say, you guys are really going to be happy with the results from this tune!
My impressions after putting on only about 50 (spirited) miles since getting the truck back:
The truck as a whole, feels much lighter when driving. In comparison, I previously had a 2011 Ram R/T w the 4.10 gears & a DS 93 tune & I really did feel the extra weight in the accelerator pedal on my new 2015 QC. But now with this tune, I REALLY feel like I'm back in the R/T…even with the 3.21 gears & 8-speed tranny. This is just what this truck needed!
Throttle response is greatly improved. No more torque management delays & just an instant rush when pressing the go peddle at any speed or any gear.
Bye Bye MDS - it is shut off & I couldn't be happier about it. No more sounds of a helicopter following me around while cruising.
Acceleration is noticeably stronger in all gears/speeds & tire chirps are now a common occurrence.
I have a 185 degree t-stat already installed & it now runs cooler since the fans kick on a little sooner. I'm not sure what DS set the fan on temps to, but while driving around prior to the tune, I was still getting up to about 218 degrees, but so far with the tune 200 is the highest I have seen.
It is a little early to make a determination on how this tune will impact my gas mileage, but It is a full size truck and I didn't really buy it thinking about gas mileage anyway, it is just not a concern to me much, as long as I don't dip into single digits, which I really don't expect based on my past experience with their tunes.
Mike & the guys at DS were great to work with during this process they kept me updated with info & sent me pics along the way. If you have had any concerns that they were dragging this release out or not doing everything they could...DON'T! They are working REALLY hard at making this the best they can make it & including support for everything they can before releasing it to us. Trust me this means more to them than it does to us, as there name & reputation as a company is on the product and they are approaching the release as such.
I’m sure release is not far off now, and at that point you will be REALLY happy with the improvements they have made, and the possibilities of what can come in the future, as they keep improving after initial release.

15_Ram8spd.jpg

20150610_123234%201.jpg

CannonBall10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L R/T
Would be nice if they started the run sooner, as it appears you lost a boat load down low on this chart.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
glad to hear/read your impressions...now the bottomline is price??

OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah they explained to me that the 8 speed tranny is a ***** on the Dyno. It keeps wanting to downshift under full acceleration so they really had to ease on up.

The price of the DS Trinity Tuner should remain the same as it is a universal tool. Not sure about the DS inTune which currently uses a DCX version specifically for Hemi's.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah they explained to me that the 8 speed tranny is a ***** on the Dyno. It keeps wanting to downshift under full acceleration so they really had to ease on up.

The price of the DS Trinity Tuner should remain the same as it is a universal tool. Not sure about the DS inTune which currently uses a DCX version specifically for Hemi's.

I'm sure that all remains the same I mean the extra PCM??

OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only got the PCM because they don't have support for 2015 HEMI's released yet on the Trinity. Once they do release support a new PCM will not be required. So right now my PCM has the dyno tune on it & I have no way to modify it. I can only swap back to my factory PCM to go back to stock.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only got the PCM because they don't have support for 2015 HEMI's released yet on the Trinity. Once they do release support a new PCM will not be required. So right now my PCM has the dyno tune on it & I have no way to modify it. I can only swap back to my factory PCM to go back to stock.

Gotcha... the early rumors per Matt at Moe's are that we are going to need a separate pcm so the tuning is not lost upon dealer visits since the pcm would have to be shipped to DS to allow encryption!

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I want this now! I neeeeeeeeeeed some tuning.... Diablo, please take my money!

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are really good numbers despite their calibrations being off. 8 speeds are impressive.

OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry guys I may have misspoke, It does look like a PCM swap is going to be required for 2015. Cost is roughly $600. I guess I didn't understand that correctly when it was explained to me.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is awesome news and I can't wait. I already started getting baby ready and my new Vararam is on the way. So hopefully in the next month or so I can get tuned and kill MDS for good and not with the +-...

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why doesn't the tq and hp cross each other at 5250 rpm like all other dyno's?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I tried to register on their website but it won't let me... keeps saying session timed out...

When does this stuff start going on sale?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Its close, but they have not released an exact date yet. Hemifever has been working with them daily on this, and said that we are hopefully only a few weeks out.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I can't believe I'm foolish enough to fork out the money for another PCM... but tuning has historically been my favorite mod aside from the exhaust note of the MBRP catback so yeah, I'll be breaking the piggy bank...

schwarz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7 4x2 3.92
MeanSrt - you near Delray?