2015 DiabloSport Dyno Tuned Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Sorry to cut the show short guys, but its not worth arguing in every thread.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
So are you going to be selling unlocked PCM's with the Trinity? A package deal? Group buy? Or is this only going to be sold through Diablo?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
So are you going to be selling unlocked PCM's with the Trinity? A package deal? Group buy? Or is this only going to be sold through Diablo?

That is what Hemifever is working on right now. Only a select few dealers are going to be allowed to sell the PCM's, so we are working with them to ensure we are part of that group. Sean flew down there Monday and Tuesday to talk with them about how the tuning is going to work, and who will be allowed to sell them. It sounds like it is very close, so hopefully we have some new info in the next few weeks.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
How does this add value to the thread? Is this really necessary? Half a thread was deleted because of things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

s0dhi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm interested in this. I am assuming that the new PCM will be unlocked and that with it, we will be able to make adjustments on and on-going basis. The original post suggested that might not be the case.

I'm also ready to go (even though my truck hasn't been delivered yet).

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That is what Hemifever is working on right now. Only a select few dealers are going to be allowed to sell the PCM's, so we are working with them to ensure we are part of that group. Sean flew down there Monday and Tuesday to talk with them about how the tuning is going to work, and who will be allowed to sell them. It sounds like it is very close, so hopefully we have some new info in the next few weeks.

You forgot to include the part about kicking it off with a Group Buy... or special pricing for the first 3 buyers or something like that... right? right? Bueller?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I'm interested in this. I am assuming that the new PCM will be unlocked and that with it, we will be able to make adjustments on and on-going basis. The original post suggested that might not be the case.

Yeah, that would be a must... that you could update and retune the unlocked PCM at will... much like 2014 and older...

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

Once the PCM has been unlocked, you will be able to use your tuner just as we have been doing on all the earlier model trucks. You can load multiple tunes, and make changes every day if you want to.

OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was also told by DiabloSport that he was helping them with the tunes on the dyno. I don't think this is a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is the point. They didn't give you a sheet with SAE calculations. There are 8 or so different scalings. They gave you there inflated scaling.

Whatever...I got what they gave me. in the end I'm happy with the tune and my butt Dyno, which is calibrated & has allot of experience :), says they are pretty close with the numbers.

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sorry, cannot quite good understand the meaning - are you talking about additional 25 WHP of diablo custom tune? That's all? Is there any dyno rides of the same truck but with the tune from the box, Diablo box? That could be more interesting.
E.g. the diff between diablo box tune (+14 WHP) and Sean's one - around 10 WHP (+24 WHP). The fine tuning of Sean's + higher octane can bring up to 10 WHP more. That were some results I've been watching on a couple of trucks, including mine.

p.s. stock shows 315 HP - average result for 3.21, that is good and prove some other rides. 3.92 trucks show 330 average. Not exact numbers, just as tools and to be statistic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MeanSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by DS that although my tune is a custom tune (since there isn't a currently released 93 tune) it will be the same as what ends up being the 93 canned tune once support is released. The custom tune is a collaboration between HemiFever & DS as they worked on it together. The reason for using my truck was to tweak & validate that tune.

I dont understand how changing a gear ratio can add more HP, wouldn't it just shift the curve?

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont understand how changing a gear ratio can add more HP, wouldn't it just shift the curve?

The motor is not producing more HPs, if you could measure it on the crank, but as the power is being measured from the wheels as dyno does - different GRs affect the delivered power to the road.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The motor is not producing more HPs, if you could measure it on the crank, but as the power is being measured from the wheels as dyno does - different GRs affect the delivered power to the road.

You guys are seeing higher umbers on your dynos that we see down here. I think I remember you posting that your truck made 405hp, and I have customers down here with more mods that are closer to 380hp. Also, I have found the opposite of what you mentioned about gear ratios. Typically, the higher the gear ratio, the lower the dyno number. Its usually only about 5-10hp, but I have seen that trend going back to my 3rd gen that had more than 60 dyno passes on.

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys are seeing higher umbers on your dynos that we see down here. I think I remember you posting that your truck made 405hp, and I have customers down here with more mods that are closer to 380hp. Also, I have found the opposite of what you mentioned about gear ratios. Typically, the higher the gear ratio, the lower the dyno number. Its usually only about 5-10hp, but I have seen that trend going back to my 3rd gen that had more than 60 dyno passes on.

Matt, this is just confirms the true that dyno is a tuning tool only. There are also some rides when trucks with LTs and box tune are getting 370 HPs. You wrote it depends on the way dyno stands are calculating the power too. Plus air temp, octane difference, the way the tuner can catch the best loading and downshifting moment (is very actual on 8 sp. ZF) etc.
As for higher GR - if debating from the physical point of view, we know that a truck with 3.92 will beat 60 a bit quicker than the one with 3.21, it must mean the first one delivers more power to the road, otherwise it is going contra physic, isn't it?

p.s. Matt, I wrote you some letters but didn't get feedback. I need vararam spare filters ASAP, mine is going to be dead soon.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Viktor, I sent you a reply last night, but I'll shoot it over again. I was just asking if you needed a couple cleaning kits as well. I can throw them in for free if you need them.

As for the dynos, gearing is a lot like a tq converter. I've seen higher stall tq converters and high gear ratios consistently show lower numbers on the dyno but faster ET's at the track. The dyno is measuring how much power the engine is putting out. Your gears and converter simply help put you into the rpm range where the motor is making power. This is why they don't show any increase on the dyno even though they show major increases at the dragstrip.

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Viktor, I sent you a reply last night, but I'll shoot it over again. I was just asking if you needed a couple cleaning kits as well. I can throw them in for free if you need them.

As for the dynos, gearing is a lot like a tq converter. I've seen higher stall tq converters and high gear ratios consistently show lower numbers on the dyno but faster ET's at the track. The dyno is measuring how much power the engine is putting out. Your gears and converter simply help put you into the rpm range where the motor is making power. This is why they don't show any increase on the dyno even though they show major increases at the dragstrip.

Yes, Matt, I understand what you are talking about. I think, I get the meaning - if we take two same trucks, but with different end gears and make some pulls on e.g. 4th gear - the results would be different. But if we talk about max numbers themselves - they must be the same (as there is no load, practically).

p.s. Have replied to your mail, I'm sorry, I haven't checked gmail.