2015 Ram Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just came over from years of time spent in M5's so I'm used to HP, but in a sneaky way..

Just picked up a 2015 Crew Cab Limited 4wd, love the truck so far, but want to get more out of it. I do miss the sound and the power, but I'm a little hesitant about after market without knowing the end result. So what I've gathered on here is long tube headers, CAI, tuner etc. Don't have a problem with that except I would prefer to get the performance, have a good sound but keep it civil. I will spend a good deal of time on the highway. So not sure if going Stainless Works as I've read but a Borla exhaust or something else would give me that power boost but keep a subtle powerful sound.

On the other hand, I was told buy a guy in the industry that once you've spent $2k or so on exhaust, $1k on tune, etc. just forget all that and put a Magnuson Supercharger on it

Thanks in advance..

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum form LA (Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tune will make the MOST noticeable performance improvements. Any free flowing exhaust will also help with performance.

customcarz973

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 14 ram 5.7 crew, black out express, 6speed auto. I did AR long tube headers, with cats, intune w/hemi fever tune, magnaflow cat back, moes ported throttle body, veraram intake, snow **** kit, 180deg stat, electric fan upgrade, locking diff in the rear, and with all of that I would just edge out the same truck in an 8speed. Now I have a 16 ram bighorn 5.7 8speed auto, and went Turbo. It cost just about as much as all of the mods i did to my 14 but now I make big power.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Can't go wrong with a procharger!

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The stock headers are atrocious. By far the most restrictive setup I've encountered

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im in the exact same boat. A Tune for your truck is 1200 alone, because of the ECM issues. Intake, exhaust, headers, Throttle body etc all adds up. You can get a PRocahrger disc kit for 5500$ comes with tune, and will net a much higher # for money spent.

IMO, better off to just do that and not waste time and money for nominal gains

OP
OP
eithkrp

eithkrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im in the exact same boat. A Tune for your truck is 1200 alone, because of the ECM issues. Intake, exhaust, headers, Throttle body etc all adds up. You can get a PRocahrger disc kit for 5500$ comes with tune, and will net a much higher # for money spent.

IMO, better off to just do that and not waste time and money for nominal gains

So you can add a Procharger, Magna Charger, etc. without adding headers / exhaust for the gains?

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I personally don't think you can get around headers. The factory cat back is fine Imo. I did tune, thermostat, etc etc. I'd rather just a proc harder and headers but I won't a little bit of my warranty intact lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is all IMHO---First you got a 5000 lbs. brick. If you want a weekend racer or stop light to stop light driver I think you need to go one way, but if as you say you do most of your driving on the highway I think you can do some other things to make your truck perform better and still be a great driver. It seems to be common knowledge that the "big three" seem to be CAI, exhaust and a custom tune. For most people that will give you a good daily driver and make the truck run much better than stock. If you want to add to that there are many other mod's that can be added to make your truck even faster however as they say----"speed costs money, just how fast do you wanna go". A good source of information on this site is Matt at Moe's Performance. He not only sells performance parts, he uses them, and has proven to be one of the fastest trucks nationwide.
Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45