2016 Ecodiesel Banks Bullet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock1679

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I found a Bank's Bullet (1st and only generation) for $389.00 at Black Mamba Diesel for my 2016 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel. The Banks Bullet arrived on 03/17/17 and I immediately installed the unit. I installed the Banks Bullet exactly as directed by the Banks installation manual. Prior to the Banks Bullet installation, my truck ran smooth and there were no problems whatsoever. On 03/18/17, I started and test drove my truck. The engine stumbled at stop lights and ran rough. There was a very obvious engine miss. I later had my son drive the truck to get his opinion on the truck's performance. My son noticed the same roughness as I had felt. We drove on the freeway for a short distance and started the return drive to our house via surface streets due to the apparent stumbling of the engine.

Approximately 1 1/2 miles from our house, the throttle stopped working, and several "check engine lights" lit up the dashboard, "Service Electronic Throttle Control, Low Oil Pressure".The truck engine died as we pulled to the side of the road. The Truck would not start and I called AAA for a tow.

The following day, I removed the Banks Bullet components and the problem seems to have disappeared.

I phoned Banks Technical Services on 03/20/17 and 03/20/17. I was placed on hold " 5 separate times in excess of 25 minutes each time" in the last 2 days. This wait was due to "high call volume"!! I wonder why!! They sell faulty products!

Needless to say Banks Engineering Technical Support is non-existent. I would never buy another Bank's product and I don't recommend you do either