2016 r/t 12.88 @ 104

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Got any more mods planned ? wonder what a set of long tubes would do for you.

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got any more mods planned ? wonder what a set of long tubes would do for you.

I will do longtubes and a catted y sooner or later. I have had ory set ups on all of my previous vehicles and not dealing w/ the smell and rasp on this 1. The only problem for me is a lt & catted y set up is $1500+. Whenever the extra money comes along I will get a set. Probably wont be this winter. Mickey Mouse is getting my header money this coming up week. Lol If anything I will get a set of 17's w/ some drs and run 1/8 mile due to the 8 speed rc driveshaft issue

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dam i guess i need to get those brackets i am tired of the wobble. Do you ever hit your battery box. I am running the complete belltech 2/4 kit. Sucks when your limited due to wobble though. Pm me gary

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I understand Mickey Mouse might be worth 2 sets of long tubes--:naughty::naughty: Have a good time--they will never forget it.
Jay

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I understand Mickey Mouse might be worth 2 sets of long tubes--:naughty::naughty: Have a good time--they will never forget it.
Jay

Yea you have that right. Lol Pretty much all my winter mod money and then some but like you said they will never forget. Time w/ my wife & little boy is what matters. The truck can wait and when this 1 wears out there will be another 1 to play w/ but my little boy is growing up fast and I dont want to miss a second of it

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Gary's hemi, congrats, and you got that right, time flies and they grow up fast! I have two questions.

How important was the cai for improving your times ?

Did you you do a base line run before any mods ? Thanks.

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gary's hemi, congrats, and you got that right, time flies and they grow up fast! I have two questions.

How important was the cai for improving your times ?

Did you you do a base line run before any mods ? Thanks.

IMO the cai is worth it. Everything works together. I'm probably going to build an Airaid dyi track intake.

Stock the truck ran a 13.78 @ 97. I didnt run it mod for mod after that. I did everything at once and went back & ran a 13.001 @ 104 w/ the truck wobbling from the lowering kit. Installed Illicit No Cut brackets and ran the 12.88 at 104 the other night due to actually being able to stay in it full track from no wobbling

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Gary,
How do You launch? Just mash it?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
" I go 1/2 through 3/4 throttle..."

Just like I do on the street.... :D

Thanks!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMO the cai is worth it. Everything works together. I'm probably going to build an Airaid dyi track intake.

Stock the truck ran a 13.78 @ 97. I didnt run it mod for mod after that. I did everything at once and went back & ran a 13.001 @ 104 w/ the truck wobbling from the lowering kit. Installed Illicit No Cut brackets and ran the 12.88 at 104 the other night due to actually being able to stay in it full track from no wobbling

Thanks Gary.

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
looks like your having better luck than I am congrats to you and your truck

driveshaft nov 7 2020.jpg

driveshft.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
looks like your having better luck than I am congrats to you and your truck

View attachment 232369

View attachment 232370

Common issue with the 8 speed regular cab 2 wheel drive shortbox trucks,especially with 3.92 gears.There's days i don't like the extra weight my regular cab shortbox 4X4 carries,then a post like this comes along,and all of a sudden i don't mind the extra weight,as the 4X4 shortboxes still use an old style driveshaft with a slip yoke into the transfer case.I've seen the high side of 150 a couple times in Mexico,and the driveshaft is still rock solid,lol.
Gary sold his R/T a couple years ago,but he still checks in here every once inawhile.
For the new guys on here trying to make their trucks quicker,search out Gary's posts,as there's alot of good info posted on his threads on how to make the trucks quicker,especially suspension wise.All the power in the world isn't going to do you much good if you can't put it to the ground,plus it'll save me a bunch of typing on how a 4 link works,lol
He did eventually get the truck into the mid to low 12's

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Driveshaft loops can save a lot of pain and suffering sometimes. They won't save the driveshaft but they could save someone from getting hurt
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Driveshaft loops can save a lot of pain and suffering sometimes. They won't save the driveshaft but they could save someone from getting hurt
Jay

With the amount of driveshaft issues with the little 8 speed 2wheel drive trucks,FCA should of probably equipped the trucks with a factory loop Jay,lol.You can't tell me FCA didn't know this would turn out to be an issue,especially on the 3.92 geared trucks.There for awhile,you couldn't even buy the factory shaft,as so many had blew up FCA ran out of stock on them and they were on nationwide back order

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
yes just got mine in I was told it would take care of my problem my last driveshaft was done @ local shop but as you saw they did know crap about it

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
I am just about ready to give up I hate to think I have destroyed a perfectly good truck this will be my 3rd driveshaft & transmission within 5 months and I am flat broke now from not knowing I looked up all kinds of stuff for performance up grades but I never ran across any info talking about changing out your driveshaft before or during your performance work I have read about driveshaft failure but it was not related to horsepower or rpms I guess I did not look hard enough or my A.D.D butt missed it

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
hey by the way my exhaust got torn out as well what a good one to go with that will not muffle my cam exhaust note and will not wake up neighbor @ 3am going to work