2016 r/t 12.88 @ 104

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
hey by the way my exhaust got torn out as well what a good one to go with that will not muffle my cam exhaust note and will not wake up neighbor @ 3am going to work

I usually never comment on exhaust systems,as that's totally subjective,lol.What somebody thinks is great,the next guy hates,lol.I have nothing against Magnaflow,but are they what you want,i couldn't say.

The little regular cab 8 speed driveshaft issues are pretty well known and documented lots,lol. Join the high performance Ram facebook pages,you'll probably pick up more info about how to make one of these trucks quick.High Performance Rams and Tuned Rams aren't bad facebook pages to join,you'll find more fast guys on facebook then on the forums these days.Yea you'll get the idiot posts,just don't let them get to you,as there's also some good info if you can wade through the BS to get to it,lol.

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Just remember this is america u have the right to offend and have the right to be offended ican give a rats butt what someone says cause u knownthat if they were face 2 face with u they wouldn't be a smart ass

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't let "Wild one" bs you about what other people know--he had the fastest Ram in Canada for a long time. He has lots and lots of knowledge when it comes to making these bricks run fast. Sometimes he just gets a little confused about which header is the best-----LOL(private joke)
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Don't let "Wild one" bs you about what other people know--he had the fastest Ram in Canada for a long time. He has lots and lots of knowledge when it comes to making these bricks run fast. Sometimes he just gets a little confused about which header is the best-----LOL(private joke)
Jay

Touche,lol.I'm just cheap Jay,lol.Happy New Year you ole bandit,lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same to you and yours Rick---maybe this next year will be better-----we can only hope
Jay

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Common issue with the 8 speed regular cab 2 wheel drive shortbox trucks,especially with 3.92 gears.There's days i don't like the extra weight my regular cab shortbox 4X4 carries,then a post like this comes along,and all of a sudden i don't mind the extra weight,as the 4X4 shortboxes still use an old style driveshaft with a slip yoke into the transfer case.I've seen the high side of 150 a couple times in Mexico,and the driveshaft is still rock solid,lol.
Gary sold his R/T a couple years ago,but he still checks in here every once inawhile.
For the new guys on here trying to make their trucks quicker,search out Gary's posts,as there's alot of good info posted on his threads on how to make the trucks quicker,especially suspension wise.All the power in the world isn't going to do you much good if you can't put it to the ground,plus it'll save me a bunch of typing on how a 4 link works,lol
He did eventually get the truck into the mid to low 12's

I logged back in just to drop in on you & Jay. I bailed on social media a few months back. Just got sick of it & deleted every damn account I had. Probably the only millennial that has said to hell with social media. It is a cancer on society.

Yes I still have the Mustang, no I haven’t modded it yet. Lol The wife threw the last 15 yrs worth of cars in my face a while back saying she wants a camper. It was a good fight, lasted 6 months long, a lot of back & forth but ultimately.....she won.....lol So here I am looking at suspension mods again. Just not lowering kits & QA1’s & such but Timbrens & other load leveling things. Might throw on some Core control arms to help stiffen up the rear as well ;)

50AF995A-6E4F-4C54-B409-2D697E70A2C9.jpeg

CB838E78-22AB-4332-8CED-C61892BCD123.jpeg

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I logged back in just to drop in on you & Jay. I bailed on social media a few months back. Just got sick of it & deleted every damn account I had. Probably the only millennial that has said to hell with social media. It is a cancer on society.

Yes I still have the Mustang, no I haven’t modded it yet. Lol The wife threw the last 15 yrs worth of cars in my face a while back saying she wants a camper. It was a good fight, lasted 6 months long, a lot of back & forth but ultimately.....she won.....lol So here I am looking at suspension mods again. Just not lowering kits & QA1’s & such but not Timbrens & other load leveling things. Might throw on some Core control arms to help stiffen up the rear as well ;)

View attachment 238148

View attachment 238149

Damn it's good to hear from you Gary,we haven't shot the **** in awhile,lol. That's a beautiful looking set-up,now you can come up here and enjoy a good Canuck summer for a change:happy160:.The heat and humidity are easier to take north of the border. You know the old saying"happy wife/happy life",plus i find it's easier to sleep in the bedroom,then the doghouse,the beds a little more comfortable,lol:waytogo:

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn it's good to hear from you Gary,we haven't shot the **** in awhile,lol. That's a beautiful looking set-up,now you can come up here and enjoy a good Canuck summer for a change:happy160:.The heat and humidity are easier to take north of the border. You know the old saying"happy wife/happy life",plus i find it's easier to sleep in the bedroom,then the doghouse,the beds a little more comfortable,lol:waytogo:

Man I would love to head up y’all’s way. Idk if the half ton would like it too much though. Lol It has done ok so far but I haven’t gotten more than an hour away from home. We are planning a Tennessee trip for June & my dad told me “yea, your truck will pull the trailer 10 hrs away...but you will be stopping at the 1st dealer you see to get a 3/4 ton for the trip back home.” I sure hope not because I am tired of buying vehicles & am quite fond of my 1500. Lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Man I would love to head up y’all’s way. Idk if the half ton would like it too much though. Lol It has done ok so far but I haven’t gotten more than an hour away from home. We are planning a Tennessee trip for June & my dad told me “yea, your truck will pull the trailer 10 hrs away...but you will be stopping at the 1st dealer you see to get a 3/4 ton for the trip back home.” I sure hope not because I am tired of buying vehicles & am quite fond of my 1500. Lol

Some of us old guys know more then we let on,your Dad might be right,lol. A lowered 2500 would look good,lol.