2016 ram 1500 sport tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1_badassram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, been about 3 weeks now and when I come to a stop my truck pushes it self forward almost as if you get a slight push from behind. Have an appointment this Tuesday for the dealer. Has anyone experienced this issue with the 8 speed tranny? I live in New York so it's cold, some people are saying it's due to the cold weather but I didn't spend all this money on a brand new truck so it runs like **** in the cold weather.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its normal bro mine does same thing dont take it to the dealer they may make stuff worse. Just ride it out its suppose to train its self not sure though i only got 2000 miles on mine and had it for 6 months lol. But from my experience im going to void my warranty and would rather rebuild my engine myself if the time came knowing it was done right.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
it is normal on the 8 speed. mine did it for a couple of months but stopped

tuned by Jay Greene

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2017 sport does it I'm guessing while shifting into 1st because I'm almost stop. Its like a very very slight jerk forward barely noticeable but my charger did it to just like if you were downshifting a standard and putting it into a lower gear the transmission slows you down instead of the brakes if you're at to high of an rpm. I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhenson12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
My dealer did a flash update to my 2014 after I first bought it when I complained of it and it quit doing it for the most part. That's only been a few months back could use a flash

OP
OP

1_badassram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would ride it out but I just hit 13,000 miles on it, it's very annoying when I stop and the truck lunges forward

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would ride it out but I just hit 13,000 miles on it, it's very annoying when I stop and the truck lunges forward

Hmmm if it lunges idk. Mine is a very mild almost nonexistent tug. It never bothered me. Like I said my charger even did it with the five speed and hemi. I wish I had an answer for you.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe post a video someone might be able to better help you.

Mikeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my 2016 at the dealer today and they decided to flash the computer and try to recalibrate speedometer. The truck now seems to want to push when slowing down plus lurches when put in drive. I'm almost stopped and it's saying I'm going 25kmh.My cruise control no longers comes on or works. Plus I was driving and all of a sudden my driver mirror started folding in on its own?

Needless to say I'm not impressed will be going to the dealer first thing tomorrow.

Anyone seen this before?

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its normal bro mine does same thing dont take it to the dealer they may make stuff worse. Just ride it out its suppose to train its self not sure though i only got 2000 miles on mine and had it for 6 months lol. But from my experience im going to void my warranty and would rather rebuild my engine myself if the time came knowing it was done right.
From experience guys.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Hey guys, been about 3 weeks now and when I come to a stop my truck pushes it self forward almost as if you get a slight push from behind. Have an appointment this Tuesday for the dealer. Has anyone experienced this issue with the 8 speed tranny? I live in New York so it's cold, some people are saying it's due to the cold weather but I didn't spend all this money on a brand new truck so it runs like **** in the cold weather.

Normal with the 8-speed, as a few others have said. Nothing to worry about. A dealer "update" or flash may correct it, and some have had luck with disconnecting the battery for a while to "reset" the computers, but from what I've seen, it will always come back.

Mine does it on occasion. I just got used to it as one of the transmission's quirks.

Just trying top be 100% honest: If you feel that a slight tug or push in the shifting on occasion, or when its cold, is "running like ****," you have set the bar impossibly high and no matter how well the vehicle works, it will never be good enough for you.

I had my 2016 at the dealer today and they decided to flash the computer and try to recalibrate speedometer. The truck now seems to want to push when slowing down plus lurches when put in drive. I'm almost stopped and it's saying I'm going 25kmh.My cruise control no longers comes on or works. Plus I was driving and all of a sudden my driver mirror started folding in on its own?

If the only issue you went in with was the previously mentioned transmission "lurch," or you had no issues, and now you have all of these new ones, definitely take it back. They obviously messed up the truck, they need to fix it and make it right.

OlBlue04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue with my 2016 Ram. It only happens when you come to a stop and you release off the brake and it feels like it slams into first. I have 13000 on my truck now and it's still doing it just like day one. Took it to the dealer and they said it's normal nothing they can do. Maybe here soon they will have a recall on it. I can say one thing spending as much as I did on my new truck I didn't expect for it to feel like the tranny is slipping.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They say when installing a tuner it will help the shift points also may help the jerking.

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does it too. It seems to be the 2-to-1 downshift right as I'm stopping. I'm trying to avoid sudden/quick stopping and haven't noticed it nearly as often. Either that is working or I'm just not really noticing it if it happens anymore.

Kro75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my 2016 at the dealer for an unrelated issue a month ago. While it was there, they did a tcm flash. When I got it back I now have that problem. I didn't have it before. Just dropped the truck off again for another unrelated issue and told the service writer what its doing. His response, "everyone is complaining about it, nothing we can do it was part of the tcm flash". I feel like before they do any updates, they should check with the customer first. My transmission was fine, would've told him to leave it alone.

OP
OP

1_badassram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys so brought the truck in and they tried to flash it and brought it back asap. They ordered a new valve body since it's the brain of the tranny. I will keep you guys updated but that should fix the issue

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,.......I know it sucks and it's a new truck and all, but get used to it or trade it in. There is no fix for it at all.

Here's what I know,.......
The SRT Jeep guys have had this issue for years with no remedies. A couple of them had Jeep buy back the vehicle and they started from scratch with a new one. (This is the ONLY reason I held out on getting a 2017 Jeep SRT. I didn't want to spend 70K on a vehicle that has a transmission go bump all the time. All set with that. lol :crazy: :crazy: :roflsquared:) And if you think it's fixed,...it usually comes back after so many miles.
My truck doesn't really do it often enough for me to complain about. Only when I really come to a sudden complete stop.
GOOD LUCK GUYS!! Let us know how you make out.

lilliwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2015.5 (yup born 6/2015) 39K new tranny whining behind the bell housing. Now it almost seems to slip going into first, hard stopping and MPG down to 11-12 used to be 16-18 city 20 hwy what now? Needs another flash? Nothing but issues with this POS, heater actuator doors broke at 22k, drivers window module at 20k, leather seat back drivers side 20k, The BF calls this my highway queen but thinking its gonna turn into someones lot lizard, LOL