2 Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone running a 2 step set up on their 5.7s? I was hoping to run a switch to my brake pedal just to get a more consistent launch. This is the first automatic transmission vehicle I've owned and was wondering how/ if it has been done on these trucks, and if it's even worth doing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Get a Pedal Commander and take out all of the squishyness in the gas pedal. Instant throttle.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Are you sure you know how a 2 step works? It’s not going to help you with an automatic transmission, unless you’re going to neutral drop it, which is a bad idea, or have a high stall converter.Your launch RPM is going to be dependant on the stall of the factory converter which is not very high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slightly_low_ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you sure you know how a 2 step works? It’s not going to help you with an automatic transmission, unless you’re going to neutral drop it, which is a bad idea, or have a high stall converter.Your launch RPM is going to be dependant on the stall of the factory converter which is not very high.
I may sound like an idiot, and ill accept that.. But, it could be set at a low rpm (1700 or 1800 or whatever works best) and just foot brake and release. Obviously it won't help the shifting because it's automatic, but it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me

OP
OP
slightly_low_ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I'm getting a cam and higher stall converter soon

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I may sound like an idiot, and ill accept that.. But, it could be set at a low rpm (1700 or 1800 or whatever works best) and just foot brake and release. Obviously it won't help the shifting because it's automatic, but it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me

I’m not trying to call you stupid or anything. Usually a 2 step is more common on boosted vehicles to help build boost of the line. There are companies that make them for the hemi engines, and it’s completely possible to do. If you’re planning on a higher stall converter then it could be helpful.

Stage 6 is a fairly popular company that supports the hemi. Maybe try getting in contact with them.