30 days with Carven, swapped to Magnaflow 18" today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHorseUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Carven AR mufler and y-adapter installed on July 6th and I absolutely loved the sound my Hemi was making. Constantly turned heads. Always driving with the windows down so I could here it. But after towing our camper on a recent camping trip, I've decided the interior noise was a bit much for me (and the wife). Maybe I'm just getting older too. Anyway, I had it cut out and a Magnaflow 18" welded in it's place this morning. Definitely quieted it down and still louder than stock. I will be happy to save someone looking to get a Carven a few bucks and sell you mine. Only 30 days of use. I will list it in the For Sale forum with pics.

OP
OP
RHorseUSMC

RHorseUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i guess I don't have enough posts yet to list it?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my experience I think you'll find that the 18" Magnaflow will get a little louder as time goes on and you put some more highway miles on it.
Jay

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^LOL

I've got the 18" Maggy and I'm planning on swapping it for something a little more throaty. How much are you looking to get for the muffler?

OP
OP
RHorseUSMC

RHorseUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep left everything on just swapped the muffler. Sounded great on the outside. Just hard when your pulling a camper to talk or even here the radio. I'm sure the exhaust just bounced between the tailgate and front if the camper too.

OP
OP
RHorseUSMC

RHorseUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hoping it does a little. I like it so much better. Real test will be when I pull the camper next week.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess since you have the dual out in the back?

A friend suggested me when I was shopping for the truck to get the side exit VS dual back since I'm pulling a camper. Got the single side exit, replaced the muffler with a mag 18" and doesn't make a difference if I pull or not. The worse was MDS, but it's now disable with the tuner

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That Carven musta been hella loud if the Mag 18" is more quiet.
Our 24" Mag doesn't drone and is fine towing even with the rear slider window.
There are plenty of options.

DoubleTap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I love my carven muffler. Wouldn't change it for the world. Such a unique sound compared to the regular's in the aftermarket muffler world.

Reactions: SyN

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the same situation as the OP. I have an almost straight pipe setup now, but towed my camper about 1000 miles and it was too loud. I ordered a jones (knockoff magnaflow allegedly) in the 18 inch as well. Should be in next week and I'll get it bolted in.