392 hemi stroker kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if this kits fit our trucks never really paid attention but caught my attention

So wanted to know if this 392 hemi stroker kit fit out rams
What is the benefit of this kit what does it actually do?how many gains are we looking at?
Can we keep out vvt cams? Heads?

Would like info on this how it works how it helps is it worth it

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well first up, what 392 stroker kit are you talking about? There's more than one, and there are differences between them.

Secondly, gains are going to be totally dependent on a number of other factors.

Lastly, whether it's worth it is totally subjective and dependent on your particular situation.

Conclusion: We need more info lol.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you tried to link to a kit it didn't work.

Stroker kits increase the length of the piston travel to give you more displacement which will give you more power. The longer the stroke of a piston, the more torque it creates so you'll have better off-the-line power but they also don't easily rev as high so you're not going to see many people revving them to 7000rpm reliably. Most 392 strokers are making 430-450rwhp with 410-430ft-lb with a stock cam. If you do a stroker kit then it's a very good idea to port the heads and run a cam designed for the stroker.

Strokers are definitely worth doing if you want more power all the time but don't want to run boost as most supercharger kits can be bolted onto the stock block and make similar numbers with a proper tune. To do a stroker properly with heads/cam you're looking at around $10K or you can just get the stroker block and bolt all your stock part onto it and see less power but save money. There are lots of variables you need to look at, the stroker size is only the first piece of the puzzle. To put things into perspective, I have a forged 349cuin block that cost me $2500 for the block, another $2500 for the heads, and $1000 for the cam; a forged 392 (6.4L block) will cost $4000; and the 400 stroker 6.4L based block that I'm building with everything in will be $12,000.

Last edited:
OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well first up, what 392 stroker kit are you talking about? There's more than one, and there are differences between them.

Secondly, gains are going to be totally dependent on a number of other factors.

Lastly, whether it's worth it is totally subjective and dependent on your particular situation.

Conclusion: We need more info lol.

Talking about this 2 kits

http://www.shophemi.com/p-1169-410-hemi-stroker-kit.aspx

http://www.shophemi.com/p-263-392-hemi-stroker-kit.aspx

Are ths compatible with the 4th gen hemis 5.7s

And is it worth it?

I already have a cam setup and also valve springs work done on heads just need the porting

How much hp gains with one of this kits and if one of this kits are installed can is still be boosted after

How many horsepower gain on this vs a procharger? Or can. Both be done?

Last edited:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Talking about this 2 kits

410 HEMI Stroker Kit - shopHEMI.com

392 HEMI Stroker Kit - shopHEMI.com

Are ths compatible with the 4th gen hemis 5.7s

And is it worth it?

I already have a cam setup and also valve springs work done on heads just need the porting

How much hp gains with one of this kits and if one of this kits are installed can is still be boosted after

How many horsepower gain on this vs a procharger? Or can. Both be done?

either of those kits will work. Inertia motorsports also makes some good kits.

Youll want a cam that is designed for a stroker kit for best performance and power.

you could be looking at 430-450 with the 392 and around 500 with the 410...at the wheels no other mods.

I wouldn't boost a 410 kit...the walls will be too thin for boost. 392 and a 400 would be fine to boost.

Im sure you've heard "there is no replacement for displacement" a supercharger will feel different then a turbo..both will feel different then pure NA power. NA power will give you the most down low...a procharger is for higher up in the power band.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
either of those kits will work. Inertia motorsports also makes some good kits.

Youll want a cam that is designed for a stroker kit for best performance and power.

you could be looking at 430-450 with the 392 and around 500 with the 410...at the wheels no other mods.

I wouldn't boost a 410 kit...the walls will be too thin for boost. 392 and a 400 would be fine to boost.

Im sure you've heard "there is no replacement for displacement" a supercharger will feel different then a turbo..both will feel different then pure NA power. NA power will give you the most down low...a procharger is for higher up in the power band.

So with this kit i will have to sacrifice the cam i have in their now????

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So with this kit i will have to sacrifice the cam i have in their now????

no, it just wont be optimized for the stroker kit. It will be better then the stock cam, but not the best.

Ill be doing either a 402 or 410 stroker kit myself, custom cam and maybe custom heads.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you go to the larger option, the Transmission will probably also need to be addressed, but i'm sure that's a given.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i think im pulling the trigger on the 392 kit

So now i know i need a bigger camshaft

What good camshaft are out their for the5.7 392 stroker vvt?

Would i need non mds lifters with a bigger camshaft?

What brand head gaskets oem or certain brand?
What kind head bolt oem or specific brand?

Besides those things does the 392 stroker kit come with everything i need for the install or anything else i need that i dont know about? Does anything have to be grinded customizes want to know what im getting into???

And how much hp would you guys think i would have with that 392 stroker +mods already in truck

mods that i have on now:
Vararam intake
87mm ported throttle body
Edge racing 3000 stall tc
4.10 gears
Arh longtubes with cats
Valves springs on heads have been upgraded valve springs shims retainers etc....
170°thermostat
Clutch fan delete
Catch can
Comp cam camshaft which will be removed for a bigger one and going up forsale
Diablo sport trinity tuner with hemifever custom tuning

So knowing mods now plus the strokers watt kind of numbers are we looking at i know is not exact number but would like to know an idea

5.7392stroker + mods around how much hp?
And
5.7392 stroker minus mods just engine itself vs5.7?

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
So i think im pulling the trigger on the 392 kit

So now i know i need a bigger camshaft

What good camshaft are out their for the5.7 392 stroker vvt?

VVT cam for a stroker should be custom, talk to Dave at Modern Muscle or Jay about what cam you'd want to run with all your details and be very honest about what you want to use the truck for so you get the cam that will do what you want it to.

Would i need non mds lifters with a bigger camshaft?

Depends on the cam but it's recommended on higher lift cams.

What brand head gaskets oem or certain brand?
What kind head bolt oem or specific brand?

I highly recommend Cometic MLS gaskets over stock gaskets, I've blown through stock gaskets and the MLS gaskets can be built to varying thicknesses so you can play with your CR and valve clearance. For fasteners, you may as well go with the ARP head studs but if you don't want to do that then just use stock head bolts.

Besides those things does the 392 stroker kit come with everything i need for the install or anything else i need that i dont know about? Does anything have to be grinded customizes want to know what im getting into???

And how much hp would you guys think i would have with that 392 stroker +mods already in truck

mods that i have on now:
Vararam intake
87mm ported throttle body
Edge racing 3000 stall tc
4.10 gears
Arh longtubes with cats
Valves springs on heads have been upgraded valve springs shims retainers etc....
170°thermostat
Clutch fan delete
Catch can
Comp cam camshaft which will be removed for a bigger one and going up forsale
Diablo sport trinity tuner with hemifever custom tuning

So knowing mods now plus the strokers watt kind of numbers are we looking at i know is not exact number but would like to know an idea

5.7392stroker + mods around how much hp?
And
5.7392 stroker minus mods just engine itself vs5.7?

392 strokers with your mods are typically making 450-500rwhp with similar or a bit higher on the torque.

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
392 strokers with your mods are typically making 450-500rwhp with similar or a bit higher on the torque.

Thanks for the info

One question was not answered ive only seen Arrington 392 kits so beside in the kit do i need anything else besides the kit to make it work on my 5.7block? Anything left out any grinding any custom things need to be done or everything will fit together perfect???
This are the specs on the kit i found from arrington
4.080 Stroke / 4.000 Bore
4340 Forged Crankshaft
4340 Forged H-Beam Rods 6.125 Rod Length; with ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Mahle Forged Aluminum Pistons
Clevite 77 Bearings (narrow)
Balanced

Beside hemishop arrington what other good brands are out their so far only heard of arrington and inertia motorsports
Do modern muscle offer this kits as well ?

How much would labor be on something like this me and my buddy could remove engine save myself some money i would just take block to a local shop to do the internal work

500 is not bad at all i wonder with some nitrous on top of that maybe 500-600 range

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Base stroker kits use the same components from all the builders, the upgraded parts are where the big difference and cost comes from. You can get I-beam rods, lots of piston combos, main cap studs, rod studs, etc. The shops all offer rotating assemblies for cheap you just need to do the install yourself but your best option IMHO is to buy a short block built by them so you know it's 100% correct. They dip, magnaflux, hone and torque plate machine the block to the proper specs. That cost is generally on par with having a local shop do the work but most shop don't have the hemi torque plate to machine it in assembled tolerance.

When I did my engine swap it took me a week at a local shop mostly doing it myself and total cost was ~$4000 with short block purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ghhg

I was thinking of getting a block from them but they charge core like $1500 i need to return my engine to get those 1500 back and how em i going to shipp a 1000ton engine back accros country 1
i dont think that shipping would be cheap. So thats were im at right now.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I was thinking of getting a block from them but they charge core like $1500 i need to return my engine to get those 1500 back and how em i going to shipp a 1000ton engine back accros country 1
i dont think that shipping would be cheap. So thats were im at right now.

Shipping the block to the Montana/Canada border was $250 from Florida for mine and you can organize return shipping (pickup) through most of the builders and send it back in the same crate it arrived in. Doing it that way would save you a lot on the core charge.