3" catless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anybody on here catless without a tune? using the plug fowlers as spacers?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Non foulers are hit and miss...sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. Just curious, but why are you wanting to remove the cats? If you are looking for power, the tuner should come before anything else anyways.

Reactions: SyN
OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That pinch at the merge is a choke point and I can't see fixing it without doing it right and removing the cats going true duals. I'm not ready to tune it just yet because I'm still looking at cam options.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Replacing the Y-pipe is only good for about 3-5hp unless you also replace the stock exhaust manifolds with a set of headers. Removing the cats is good for about 8-10hp, but only if you can tune for it.

As for the cam, it doesnt matter which cam you go with, it will require custom tuning. That is why I say tuner needs to come before anything else. Every custom tuner charges more for cam tuning, so whether you get the tuner first or at the time of the cam swap, your cost will end up being the same.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Non foulers are hit and miss...sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. Just curious, but why are you wanting to remove the cats? If you are looking for power, the tuner should come before anything else anyways.
I think a full open exhaust like that without a tune and the loss of back pressure will hurt your power gain on one end?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anybody on here catless without a tune? using the plug fowlers as spacers?

I've been running them for a little over a month now. Haven't thrown a code for the cats once since putting them on the on. But I do keep throwing codes for the sensors in front of the cats.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been running them for a little over a month now. Haven't thrown a code for the cats once since putting them on the on. But I do keep throwing codes for the sensors in front of the cats.

That's weird. Think it's related?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's weird. Think it's related?

No. Me and Matt has talked about this. We have came to he conclusion. It's from the Longtube headers flowing more air than the sensors can read. I'm in the process of selling my Bullydog tuner to a guy at work. And will be buying a Trinity with a Hemifever tune to shut down the front O2 sensors.

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you sure? I don't think they will run without the upstream sensors. or maybe I don't know....

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what we've talked on it. And how I understood. The tune will trick them into reading correctly. It was late that night when we was talking though. And I'm still a month or so out on ordering. So i will clear everything up then. But that was my understanding.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Many of the 4th gens have been getting a P0133 code when adding longtubes and removing the cats. I have seen a few guys get this with stock manifolds and removed cats, and others have seen it with longtubes without cats. The common denominator is the removal of the cats though, so I do believe that is being triggered by going catless. It is very easy to fix with custom tuning though.

I have a local customer that ran ARH longtubes with cats for almost 2 years...never threw a code. 2 days after cutting his cats out, he got the same P0133 code. I cant answer why that code pops up, but it almost always comes on when the cats are removed.

Simply put, tune first...then remove the cats. (or do both mods at the same time if you can swing it).

OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well it's nice to hear your simming the backs and not getting a code. thanks for posting back.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Many of the 4th gens have been getting a P0133 code when adding longtubes and removing the cats. I have seen a few guys get this with stock manifolds and removed cats, and others have seen it with longtubes without cats. The common denominator is the removal of the cats though, so I do believe that is being triggered by going catless. It is very easy to fix with custom tuning though.

I have a local customer that ran ARH longtubes with cats for almost 2 years...never threw a code. 2 days after cutting his cats out, he got the same P0133 code. I cant answer why that code pops up, but it almost always comes on when the cats are removed.

Simply put, tune first...then remove the cats. (or do both mods at the same time if you can swing it).

That's what I was thinking we talked about. The sensors just can't keep up with the higher flow.