410 gears hurting gas mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 4.10s with the 5/6 speed. I dont know of anyone here with that combination, that does not like the 4.10s.

It is my understanding that top gear in the 6 speed is the same as the 8. I will bet that truck will pull a trailer like nobody's business. But the only way to know is to do it.

I think you got a jewel, at a very good price. I'll bet that truck moves out! I wish you weren't half way across the country, l would like to take a ride in it.

Welcome. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
T

TEXAS-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 4.10s with the 5/6 speed. I dont know of anyone here with that combination, that does not like the 4.10s.

It is my understanding that top gear in the 6 speed is the same as the 8. I will bet that truck will pull a trailer like nobody's business. But the only way to know is to do it.

I think you got a jewel, at a very good price. I'll bet that truck moves out! I wish you weren't half way across the country, l would like to take a ride in it.

Welcome. Keep us posted.

It's my first truck ever so I don't have anything to compare it to but I'm really happy with it. It is in dead mint condition most people think it's brand new.

It does really seem to move out when you hit the gas.....and with those huge exhaust tips and Magnaflow 3" SS pipes/headers....you know I'm coming.

I don't have the trailer yet but it's coming soon....I just added the trailer brake module from the dealer. If the tongue weight sags the back end I'll most likely add airbags to level it out. My truck was not equipped with them at the factory like the Longhorn.

I just filled up for the first time today and the average on that tank was 15.2 MPG (on the dash) and that was 90% city driving and stomping on the gas non-stop at every light....because it's fun.

So I guess those 410 gears are not killing me very much in MPG.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine

Welcome. Keep us posted.

A Jewel for sure.... Headers, 410's and the 8 speed tranny, low miles, good price I'm so hot for your truck LOL... Your a lucky man.. Enjoy it:favorites13:

OP
OP
T

TEXAS-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I've now put on about 1000 miles of all city driving and the dash says 14.8 MPG...and while I try to drive it easy, I find it about impossible not to stomp on it all the time. The exhaust tone out of those big pipes on the Manga-flow is just too nice so I leave the stereo off, open the back slider window and just enjoy the engine tone.

We did get hit with a sudden big hail storm and luckily all my cars/truck was in the garage but my friend was not so lucky. He was in his 2017 ram2500 Longhorn and got caught out and it's covered in dents all over the roof and hood. I hope they can get them all out...some look really bad. Ugh!