4.10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Not yet. The only bolt on option is the factory 4.10's from the RT trucks.

Your 2nd option is to have your carrier machined to accept an aftermarket gear. Then you would be able to run any aftermarket gear for the standard 9.25" rear.

OP
OP
W

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i put a aftermarket LSD in with the gears then it should work right? I was reading a couple of forms and some people say the ring gear is welded on??

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Unfortunately, no. Nobody makes an aftermarket limited slip either for the 2011-up trucks. The axle shafts are different lengths, so if you try to install an aftermarket LSD unit, 1 of the axle shafts will not line up correctly. If you need a stock LSD that is already machined and ready to bolt on a set of aftermarket gears, then contact Josh at Modern Performance Engineering. He sells this unit for about $850 shipped. This comes machined and ready to go. Otherwise, the stock LSD unit runs about $600, and then you would need to run the very expensive factory 4.10's.

OP
OP
W

wickedwhite2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, no. Nobody makes an aftermarket limited slip either for the 2011-up trucks. The axle shafts are different lengths, so if you try to install an aftermarket LSD unit, 1 of the axle shafts will not line up correctly. If you need a stock LSD that is already machined and ready to bolt on a set of aftermarket gears, then contact Josh at Modern Performance Engineering. He sells this unit for about $850 shipped. This comes machined and ready to go. Otherwise, the stock LSD unit runs about $600, and then you would need to run the very expensive factory 4.10's.

Moe you dont sell one??

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fasthemiram12 is Josh at Modern Performance so you're getting directly from him.

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this new crap changeup on the front ends is all thats holding me back from a larger lift and 37s, its really agravating. im still lifting my truck higher, but i dont want to run 37s with 3.55 gears. i know of a lot of people doing it but i want to keep my feeling of power too the wheels while driving.... we need a after market kit for the guys who dont like to leave their stuff stock.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
this new crap changeup on the front ends is all thats holding me back from a larger lift and 37s, its really agravating. im still lifting my truck higher, but i dont want to run 37s with 3.55 gears. i know of a lot of people doing it but i want to keep my feeling of power too the wheels while driving.... we need a after market kit for the guys who dont like to leave their stuff stock.

You can always find a front axle asst out of a 09-11 and swap. Then do gears.
Its expensive but possible. I've already done it once on greychevy's truck