4.56 Drop-In Gear Timeline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Looking to re-gear soon, and was wondering if there was any information out regarding when drop-in 4.56 gears will be released for 4th gens? I was really hoping to get these, but depending on how far out they are I may just opt for the 4.10's at this point in time.

Right now running 35's on 3.55's w/ a tuner, but future plans to go up to somewhere between 37's and 40's, so I'm thinking in the end I will definitely need 4.56's.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to re-gear soon, and was wondering if there was any information out regarding when drop-in 4.56 gears will be released for 4th gens? I was really hoping to get these, but depending on how far out they are I may just opt for the 4.10's at this point in time.

Right now running 35's on 3.55's w/ a tuner, but future plans to go up to somewhere between 37's and 40's, so I'm thinking in the end I will definitely need 4.56's.

There is drop in gears for 4th gens, however it ends at 2010 for drop in in the rear and 2011 for the fronts.
Other than that, you will need to machine the rear in your 12 and will require the entire front diff assembly from a 10 or 11 ram

I know, because I did my gears back in August of last year.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
As of now, none of the gear manufacturers has given us an expected release date for the ZF 4.56's. I am working with a few gear vendors on this, but no dates have been set. They know there is a demand though, so hopefully they step up to the plate quickly.

OP
OP
rwalk

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
As of now, none of the gear manufacturers has given us an expected release date for the ZF 4.56's. I am working with a few gear vendors on this, but no dates have been set. They know there is a demand though, so hopefully they step up to the plate quickly.

Thanks for the info guys, based on my current setup and future plans is it worth it to wait or should I spend some money now and upgrade to the 4.10s until 4.56s come out?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I wouldn't waste the money to do the install twice. I would either go with the aftermarket 4.56's and have your carrier machined, or just hold off on the gears until there is a direct replacement.

The biggest issue you are going to have is in the front. You will need a front axle from an 09-11 as well as a new front driveshaft to make this swap. The ring gear is actually welded to the carrier on the 2012-up front 8", so nobody is going to make a drop in gear set for these unless they also sell you a new carrier.

This swap is not cheap in the end. Dodge made this very difficult.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt is correct and is exactly what I stated above.