4.56 Gears Installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up the truck from CNC Off Road in Kenosha WI. Pulled the trigger on a Yukon 4.56 gear set and Yukon Dura Grip LSD. 500 mile break in period of short trips at lower speeds. Picked up a 2011-Older front diff on Ebay. So far even with light throttle I can tell it woke the truck up. Moves those 35" tires with ease. I took a 0-70 off the line video before i dropped it off and will take another after the break in period then post them. Can't wait to put the throttle to the floor.

Anyone in this area that is looking for a good shop, I recommend CNC. Bob is easy to deal with, they stay on schedule, and keep you updated.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think your going to really like the change. With as many people asking about changing gears in the later model 4x4's could you give some kind of a parts list and talk about what has to be changed, what fits and what doesn't, and how easy or hard was it finding parts and doing the whole job.
Jay

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up, what was sold as an 07-11, Ram front diff. Have to switch the front diff as you are unable to swap gears in the 12-Newer front diffs. I had 3.55's

A few things...

4.56 Font and Rear gear set with install kit installed ($2000)

LSD ($500)

2 Front diff mounting brackets will need to be modified to fit the older diff.

Make sure all shafts to hook up your CV shafts are included with the diff you are purchasing. (Diff was $450 shipped on Ebay) I bet I could have found one cheaper but thats what was available at the time. It was missing a stub shaft. So we didn't have to wait we ordered one from the stealership ($200). That was my only disappointment. My fault for not making sure it came with the diff.

We found that the '13 front drive shaft would not work so we picked up an older one at a junk yard ($80)

All of that plus Tax landed me around $3500 out the door. Like i said, probably could've been done a bit cheaper.

Last edited:

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely interested to hear all about it. I've got a 15 running 37" w/3.92. what did you have before? What was the cost.

Plz keep us posted on your findings

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for taking the time to post that information. I'm sure that it will help some people that are either doing a swap or thinking about doing one.
Jay

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will like it. Gears are a great upgrade if you are running larger tires. Did the same on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will like it. Gears are a great upgrade if you are running larger tires. Did the same on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to it. They are so fresh im driving around like an old man. I want to get on it but don't want to grenade the rear end. I'm probably being over cautious.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run 33 inch tires with the 545RFE transmission. I also had those rotten 3.55s. I don't see how anybody could possibly tolerate 3.21s. 4.10s made my truck happy. No more lugging, and moaning. Of course the Hemi Fever tune helped.

My truck can do good on gas, if l drive 60 or less. I caught a tail wind on the way home from Florida the other day. From Cullman Alabama, to Jasper Indiana, aprox 320 miles, at 70 mph, it did 19.0 mpg.

You're going to like thos 4.56s with 35s. The truck is going to be a whole lot more satisfying to drive.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got quoted $1700 installed for 4.56's on my 09' QCSB. I have the RC 6" with 35's and 3.92's right now. Still fun but it's going to be that much better. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro