4th Gen '14 hemi 8spd manual conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colby_Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Hey all, I was wondering if there's a manual tranny available for the 2014 1500's. I'd like to to a conversion to manual. Whenever I google I get results for 3rd gen swaps. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
there was never a manual transmission offered for 4th gen 1500's.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anything aftermarket though?

not to my knowledge. you MIGHT be able to get a manual transmission out of a 3rd gen 4.7L or 2500 Hemi to bolt up and work, but you still have the biggest issue of the tuning.

what are you trying to gain by attempting to do this?

OP
OP
Colby_Jackson

Colby_Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Thanks for the info fellas. Just prefer the manual over these auto trannys they got in our trucks nowadays. I'll see if HF will tune the tranny for me.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be putting a TR-6060 from a Challenger in mine. The trans input can be turned off in the tune. Just gotta be ready for a lot of fab work since like the others said there's no drop in swap.

A few guys have done TH400 or 4L80 swaps into their trucks already, so there's proof out there that truck will run without trans input. Further proof is, buddy of mine just finished swapping to an older Chrysler auto trans that is full hydraulic and has zero electronics . Same deal, no problems without even turning off the trans input in the program, just resulted in a a check engine light, but the important thing is it runs.

Last edited:

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info fellas. Just prefer the manual over these auto trannys they got in our trucks nowadays. I'll see if HF will tune the tranny for me.

Trans tuning still isn't available yet for the 8spd