4th gen headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thanks fasthemiram,let me know when you test your new beast out because im also from orlando and would love to see it run at orlando speedworld.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Ok thanks fasthemiram,let me know when you test your new beast out because im also from orlando and would love to see it run at orlando speedworld.

This Saturday Night.... Gonna whoop up on some imports!!

April 20th 1320X Saturday Night Street Drags
Admission only $10.00 Race or Watch

Gates Open at 8:00PM and run till 1:00AM

This series is dedicated to our "STREET ONLY" fans and racers from far and wide; offering a weekly dose of that adrenaline rush you crave, but in a safe and legal environment that's open only to street legal cars and bikes - no race cars.

Entering the event is easy! Just fill out the tech card and proceed to tech (located at main entrance before entering pits). A tech official will give your car a brief safety inspection and assign a number to you! Then you're ready to run!

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah i'm gonna be up there as well.Wish i had some more mods but its gonna be fun.Hopefully i can get in the 13 second bracket!!!

OP
OP
joeshemi

joeshemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey what mods will you have done to your truck by saturday night?

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Appauldd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Darn! The OBX ones look fantastic. And the price is great too.

Appauldd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
UGH....don't anything fit a 4X4 ? ? ?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes, the OBX longtube headers for the SRT8 Jeep WILL fit a 2WD. The mid pipes and cats won't fit so you'll have to get those custom made from an exhaust shop. Still a cheaper solution than ARH right now.

Fasthemiram used a set of Kook's longtubes designed for the Jeep on his 2011 Ram, he just had to trim the "ear" off the passenger side of the transmission and put a very small dent into one of the primaries.

Last edited:

Appauldd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is the big complication with the 4X4 install to allocate that only 2wd trucks you can install these?

My truck is a 4x4

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Yes, the OBX longtube headers for the SRT8 Jeep WILL fit a 2WD. The mid pipes and cats won't fit so you'll have to get those custom made from an exhaust shop. Still a cheaper solution than ARH right now.

Fasthemiram used a set of Kook's longtubes designed for the Jeep on his 2011 Ram, he just had to trim the "ear" off the passenger side of the transmission and put a very small dent into one of the primaries.

Actually..... With the Kooks there was no modification needed to the Passenger side at all. On the drivers side all I did was dent the forward most primary tube slightly to clear the motor mount.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is anyone else using the OBX longtubes for the Jeep on our 4th Gen's? I was thinking about just buying some shorties and being done with it but i mean if these longtubes will work. I may just say screw it and buy them. I would just like to see if more people are doing this is all.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
So is anyone else using the OBX longtubes for the Jeep on our 4th Gen's? I was thinking about just buying some shorties and being done with it but i mean if these longtubes will work. I may just say screw it and buy them. I would just like to see if more people are doing this is all.

I know of one guy for sure on another forum.
All you have to do is dent the forwardmost driver side header to clear the motor mount and rebend the dipstick tube.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know of one guy for sure on another forum.
All you have to do is dent the forwardmost driver side header to clear the motor mount and rebend the dipstick tube.
I might go this route depending on the JBAs.