4th Gen Official Timeslip/Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talked to Chris over at Circle-D Friday and finalized the order Sunday night. Should be here by the end of next week. My girl is going away for a week in mid March so I'll do the install then. Did I tell you guys I'm ******* pumped?

Trup, when you gonna update the list?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
man cant wait for all these set ups that everyone has to be done and for people to get some good weather at the track to start really showing what these 4th gen trucks can do

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's gonna be nice seeing a 13.3 slip in full street trim. ;)

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure it'll happen soon, once more people start trying out cams and heads. Hopefully the aftermarket will take a hint. It's gonna be along while before I have the moeny for either of those though.

Last edited:

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm sure it'll happen soon, once more people start trying out cams and heads. Hopefully the aftermarket will take a hint. It's goona be along while before I have the moeny for either of those though.

i think without heads and cam these trucks have at least a 12.99 in them in good weather sticky tires and some full bolt ons

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far the stock n/a record as far we know is 13.403. That's with every bolt including an Inertia cam. I love to think it was possible too, but I don't think a drag wheel setup and headers are gonna get me a 12.9xx. We'll see....

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So far the stock n/a record as far we know is 13.403. That's with every bolt including an Inertia cam. I love to think it was possible too, but I don't think a drag wheel setup and headers are gonna get me a 12.9xx. We'll see....

theres a black rt in town here that has ran a 13.4 with just headers tune real good weather and im not sure about what tire it was running but thats not even with all the bolt ons so im sure a 12.99 will be possible with bolt ons good weather drag wheel set up and good converter

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sorry read your comment wrong i didnt see that you meant that you thought you would get that time with just headers

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that's the same truck I'm referring to, he's now the third owner. First owner added all that then blew a tranny and sold it to his room mate who put in an ATS tranny and got that PB. At the time the truck went 13.4 it had an Inertia cam plus every bolt-on and was running slicks that day too.

Yeah, I meant all my mods plus the converter, headers, and drag wheels. I don't have much left as far as bolt ons go

Last edited:

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah that's the same truck i'm referring to, he's now the third owner. First owner added all that then blew a tranny and sold it to his room mate who put in an ats tranny and got that pb. At the time the truck went 13.4 it had an inertia cam plus every bolt-on and was running slicks that day too.

Yeah, i meant all my mods plus the converter, headers, and drag wheels. I don't have much left as far as bolt ons go

i think for all that that truck had when it ran it should of done alot better i even remember the owner saying that it actually felt stronger before the came was put in actually but now i guess we will have to see as more people get out there and mod and see if it is possible to get the 12.9 or not

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ATS tranny? I'm not familiar with those. how do those stand up vs stock? way better?

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol..... looks like that new 8 speed tranny is going to be the way to go for us Rams

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
:cheers: Hey Guys you can throw this 3rd Genner outta here any time but I noted a fellows signature on another Forum (Well versed Canadian Guy) who owns a 4th Gen and it basically says (Non Quote here) in his signature it reads........LOL.
13.5 Fastest 4th Gen NA on the Planet

Could be a Heavy QC 2WD...dunno....SO whats my Point...Sounds Like it won't be Long before an edit will be required.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ATS tranny? I'm not familiar with those. how do those stand up vs stock? way better?

They're supposed to be. Even better than sharadon supposedly. ATS does a bunch of diesel transmissions. However these transmissions are luck of the draw some stage 3 sharadon last running 10's and 11's and some break running 12's and 13's. There's one guy running an ATS on a other forum that does sand drags and he didn't have any issues for a few seasons I think

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
:cheers: Hey Guys you can throw this 3rd Genner outta here any time but I noted a fellows signature on another Forum (Well versed Canadian Guy) who owns a 4th Gen and it basically says (Non Quote here) in his signature it reads........LOL.
13.5 Fastest 4th Gen NA on the Planet

Could be a Heavy QC 2WD...dunno....SO whats my Point...Sounds Like it won't be Long before an edit will be required.

i think i know who your talking about but no the black RT here in houston has hit a 13.4 so its faster then that one but since its switched owners i dont think the time gets put out there very much i do know another RT here in town thats getting a pretty good set up going so we will hopefully see new times soon

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i think the deal with the transmission is also in the tuning because like said above some have had great luck but some have horrible luck and they dont last at all...personally for an upgraded transmission i would probably chose sharadon over the ats

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Last edited: