4th Gen Official Timeslip/Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, using this 'site https://fcagroup.my.site.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing I was able to determine that my truck is indeed an R/T, and was built with 4:10 gears and anti-spin differential. Whether it still has that diff is anybody's guess, until I pull the cover. I did not see anything about a higher stall converter.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So, using this 'site https://fcagroup.my.site.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing I was able to determine that my truck is indeed an R/T, and was built with 4:10 gears and anti-spin differential. Whether it still has that diff is anybody's guess, until I pull the cover. I did not see anything about a higher stall converter.
The earlier 5 speed R/T's came through with a convertor that would roughly stall at 2600 rpm,in comparision to the standard 1850 rpm stall the normal trucks employed. After they went to the 8 speed in the 14 R/T's it used the same driveline as you could get in any other 8 speed truck,except the standard gears in the R/T's were 3.92's while they were usually an optional gear in any other truck

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Typical crowns around here are 2%, I've just never heard anyone say a vehicle leans on purpose to make up for a crowned road. If that's a real thing, I'll happily eat crow lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Typical crowns around here are 2%, I've just never heard anyone say a vehicle leans on purpose to make up for a crowned road. If that's a real thing, I'll happily eat crow lol
A Ram engineer talked about it several years ago over on another site. If you think about it,the engine and transmission offset to the passenger side,offsets the weight of the fuel tank.Plus the fact the trucks height differances don't really change between a full tank of fuel and an empty tank of fuel,as the tank is still inside the frame rails,if it was out board of the frame rails it might have more of a factor,but not so much in board of them.