4th gen pcm reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
does anybody know if you can reset the pcm on 4th gen like you could on 3rd gen. I'm not talking about disconnecting the battery. I'm talking about where you pull the pcm fuse (think it was #23 on my 05) and then turn and hold the key in the start position for like 15 seconds till you hear a beap.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Researched a little and found the steps.

1st Way:

1) With the key out of the ignition
2) Disconnect the Negative battery Cable.
3) Put the key in the ignition and turn it as if you where trying to the START it.
4) Release the key and leave it in the “ON” position and let it sit for 10- 15 min
5) Remove key from the ignition.
6) Re-attach the negative battery cable.
7) DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE when starting the truck for the first TWO times!!!
8) Start truck and let idle till it reaches operating temperature.
9) Turn truck off for 5-10 seconds.
10) RE-START the truck but DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE!
11) Let the truck return to normal idle (500-600 RPM’s)
12) Turn truck off, and then start her up and take her for a LIGHT test drive… NO WOT testing yet.
13) After driving around the block letting your computer LEARN the new air flow turn her off one last time…
14) Fire her up and drive her the way you want.

The second way:

1) Pull fuse #19 or #23 or #31 (be very careful here - vehicle year dependent)
2) Close door and buckle seatbelt (technically you don't have to buckle the seatbelt, but it helps to stop all unnecessary chimes)
3) Put key in ignition and turn to "on" and wait until all chimes stop (on...not start!)
4) Turn key to start and hold until you hear 2 chimes (I think it was about 15 seconds or so)
5) Turn key off
6) Re-install fuse
7) You're good to go

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
excellent so you can. Thanks!!!!

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How useful would this be each time you add a significant mod? Like exhaust, cai, etc....

I can't help but to wonder if it would help your truck get the most out of each mod you do. But I might just be daydreaming...

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i doubt it is useful for each and every mod, but can't hurt

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I figured it might only really help on CAI, exhaust, headers, etc...

harr118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
what does this do when you reset it?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
it will only work till the truck relearns again. More than likely it won't relearn to a performance level. Worth a shot though.

7suerte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would this work on my pcm? I recently got state reffed (emissions test/smog) and they failed my truck. The note they wrote is this : “ECU programming is incorrect. Customer needs to have the CAL ID and CAL CVN (ECU programming) Corrected for a 2013 Ram 1500 EFN: DCRXTO5,7VPO CA certified.”
My pcm has been flashed before, I had a hand tuner tune on my truck and it ended up freezing my pcm so i sent it back to get it flashed and once i got my truck smogged they failed it. Not sure what to do to fix my pcm, thank you.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Would this work on my pcm? I recently got state reffed (emissions test/smog) and they failed my truck. The note they wrote is this : “ECU programming is incorrect. Customer needs to have the CAL ID and CAL CVN (ECU programming) Corrected for a 2013 Ram 1500 EFN: DCRXTO5,7VPO CA certified.”
My pcm has been flashed before, I had a hand tuner tune on my truck and it ended up freezing my pcm so i sent it back to get it flashed and once i got my truck smogged they failed it. Not sure what to do to fix my pcm, thank you.

You might have to go to a dealer and get the latest OEM calibration flashed on it. If they're failing for the CAL ID rather than what comes out of the tail pipe then CA has gotten worse than I thought...