5.0 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys so i was looking up the 5.0 cummins that is available in the Titan XD i was wondering what you guys know about this Engine and if will ever be under the hood of a Ram 1500, it being in the Titan XD that truck will have 12,300lbs towing capacity which is very appealing to a guy like me who prefers towing capacity and payload with decent fuel milage vs. The Hemi while still being very powerful and fast enough to break the sound barrier LOL. but in reality i dont see Ram doing this due to have the Ecodiesel. but wishful thinking.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think it is in fact wishful thinking. If Ram continues along the path of the lowest GVWR in their 1500 series, then the 5.0 Cummins will make a bad situation worse with available payload. If anything it would go into the 2500 series IMO, but even that won't happen I don't think- not with the current lineup they have. The 6.7 is the monster of the bunch and they have filled the gap with the 6.4 for those that don't need the oil burner.

What do I know about the engine? Essentially nothing.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, it is too bad Ram doesn't go after the middle guys with the Cummins. I blame CAFE ********. Ram and others are trying to get the most MPG out of the 1500's (what CAFE designates light truck and passenger car) because those are monitored by CAFE standards. While NISSAN with all of their electric and high MPG vehicles have a lot less to worry about. They average what an auto maker puts out, so if you have a lot of higher MPG vehicles, you get more latitude on what you can put in your trucks, but CAFE lump light trucks and passengers cars in the SAME category, as if people with light trucks don't use them as work vehicles. As long as we keep electing liberals, we will have more of the same. Rage against liberals, there is no end to the devastation they will do. They are even fkin taxing cow farts in CA, the surface is only scratched, future generations wont even be able to buy trucks. Regular cabs will be on the chopping block first, likely they will disapear very soon.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see what your saying smurf. I just think its crazy that we have these V6 and even the 3.0 Ecodiesel to save on fuel milage but we dont think about where we can improve on towing and payload for a half ton. your absolutly right that the lower GVWR would be bad for the cummins but i hope one day i can load a heavy load in a half ton and have to look back to see if its there. a boy can dream :crazy:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, it is too bad Ram doesn't go after the middle guys with the Cummins. I blame CAFE ********. Ram and others are trying to get the most MPG out of the 1500's (what CAFE designates light truck and passenger car) because those are monitored by CAFE standards. While NISSAN with all of their electric and high MPG vehicles have a lot less to worry about. They average what an auto maker puts out, so if you have a lot of higher MPG vehicles, you get more latitude on what you can put in your trucks, but CAFE lump light trucks and passengers cars in the SAME category, as if people with light trucks don't use them as work vehicles. As long as we keep electing liberals, we will have more of the same. Rage against liberals, there is no end to the devastation they will do. They are even fkin taxing cow farts in CA, the surface is only scratched, future generations wont even be able to buy trucks. Regular cabs will be on the chopping block first, likely they will disapear very soon.
They are literally taxing the air we breathe up here.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@burla i see what your saying im tired of all the people in the world sticking their nose in every one's business about what they drive. cant even roll coal without someone crying about it. now im not sure what CAFE is but it sounds liberal. i cant say much for single cabs as ive never owned one i personally like have a lot of cab space. but to those who do drive them and who are passionate about it than why mess with someones pride and joy. im sorry if i ramble but let people have what they want in a truck.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here ya go, CAFE ********.

Corporate Average Fuel Economy

It was a result of the oil embargo, anyhow no reason for that anymore as much more oil production is online and healthy.

Look at what this ********** Obummer did. Hopefully Trump undues every damn thing that dude did.

Double your fleet wide gas mileage by 2025? Yes Obummer you are fkin IGNORANT.

This is the funniest **** you will ever read. Co2 levels of earth are .04%. More funny, the liberal scientists always elude to the fact it was .02% during the ice age, well no **** you turkeys it was an ice age, nothing was burning, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just had a thought i wonder if someone is going to try to swap out their 3.0 ecodiesel for a 5.0 cummins i dont know what the result would be but i bet you some guy out there like me has the same idea but theyll have the money to try it LOL

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
as i understand it, the 5.0 was developed for the ram 1500, but then fiat who owns a share of VM and pulled the plug on the cummins. as much as i liked my 5.9 cummins, i doubt i will ever have another diesel with all the EPA control. as for the VM ecodiesel, all one has to do is look back to the 2.8 liberty and grand cherokee. will never own a vm diesel.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
A lot of cash there, I would just roll with a 2500. Anyhow, only way to get a solid front axle from the lot. But I have been on record saying saying that NISSAN does have a good engine.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the way the Titan looks on the outside but the interior is a bit primitive unless you go higher trim and that cost a pretty penny i personally think that if it were to ever happen i could see a Ram Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, or Limited having the 5.0 and they'll give it some weird name like Baby beast or something along those lines LOL none the less id drive the Hell out of it.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
the added weight of the 5.0 cummins compared to the ecodiesel would kill the already crappy payload capacity of the truck, making it pointless. im sure that has something to do with why it didnt end up in the ram.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah just like said before that lower GVWR isnt helping. who know maybe itll happen but until then my eyes are on a 3/4 ton

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
They are literally taxing the air we breathe up here.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I feel for you Canadian ********. I have been following the "Carbon Tax" nonsense going on up there.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe ill just have to look at the 6.7 2500, my woman has been talking to me about getting a diesel and what we would do with it. and of course to make her comfy i know ill end up with a Laramie or Laramie longhorn so i guess its time to go job searching for a second full time job just get the truck lol

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
maybe ill just have to look at the 6.7 2500, my woman has been talking to me about getting a diesel and what we would do with it. and of course to make her comfy i know ill end up with a Laramie or Laramie longhorn so i guess its time to go job searching for a second full time job just get the truck lol

Truth to this. All women care about are cup holders, cubbies to put their crap in and good vanity mirror on the passenger visor.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hahaha @hootbro thats hilarious thats how my ex wife was but with my current Fiance (however you spell it) she actually drives my truck and puts it to work. The day i met her father she drove his 2013 6.7 2500 long bed in a Manual transmission. i knew if found the woman of my dreams. i wish i could show you guys how she flies down the road like its nothing with load behind us.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no she didnt grow up on a farm, i grew up on Ranches. her Dad was a Ranch Hand and a landscaper and she always tagged along when she was younger. kinda wish i met her earlier back before my Navy days.