5.7>397 stroker build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, it's time.

I've been successfully spraying a 175 shot, and sometimes a 200, on a bone stock 5.7 for over a year and a half, and run some impressive times in the process. I've done no damage yet, but it's time to start the next phase.

So I found a cheap 5.7 long block and I bought it, it's all torn down in my shop right now, and I'll be slowly piecing it together into a 397 stroker over the next few months or so.

Block is currently in a bag hiding in the corner waiting for the machine shop.

Block

While the rest of it sits on a work bench while I figure out what I'm doing with the heads, and try to sell the rest(search eBay if interested).

Other crap

The plan so far is to go with a Manley Forged crank, h beam rods, and possibly their pistons. Heads are going to a local shop for porting and valve job/assembly with new valves/PSI springs/etc. A 0.020 overbore will bring it to 397 cubes.

Jay will spec me a cam when it comes time, and for power anders I'm Gonna have an intake plumbed for direct port and stick with the spray.

Here goes nothing

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck with the build. I'll be following as I'm keeping a stroker in mind as a possibility down the road.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a thread with parts and price ranges for a 5.7L -> 392(397) Stroker?

I have a 5.7 in my 2009 Ram with about 220K on it. Picking up a long block with about 85k on it and want to make it a 392 on a somewhat budget (Need to save as much as I can for possible procharger wen complete :) )

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Is there a thread with parts and price ranges for a 5.7L -> 392(397) Stroker?

I have a 5.7 in my 2009 Ram with about 220K on it. Picking up a long block with about 85k on it and want to make it a 392 on a somewhat budget (Need to save as much as I can for possible procharger wen complete :) )

I have a OEM 6.4 Crank that you can use to get to a 370ci fairly cheap.
I'll let it go for 250.00 shipped