5.7 to 6.4 apache new thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The kracken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does it take to swap a 6.4 apache motor into a ram 1500 . ive read you can swap the oil pan, timing cover and intake what about wiring , valve covers , exhaust etc ?

Sent from a device thats sends stuff

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You can make that much power or more for alot cheaper on a forged build

Not to mention the hellcat engine is far from a bolt in engine. There’s a lot of work needed just to make it fit.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not to mention the hellcat engine is far from a bolt in engine. There’s a lot of work needed just to make it fit.

Now see I thought that was supposed to be part of the appeal of this create engine. A kit that cost you an extra $2,500+- to make it a quick swap. Not something I would do anyway! If I wanted a Hell Cat I would but something that already had one in it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Now see I thought that was supposed to be part of the appeal of this create engine. A kit that cost you an extra $2,500+- to make it a quick swap. Not something I would do anyway! If I wanted a Hell Cat I would but something that already had one in it.

I think the appeal is more that you can buy a plug and play hellcat engine that comes with everything to make it run. You still have to make it fit what you’re putting it in. I know of at least one shop that put a hellcat in a 1500 and there was a fair bit of modification needed to make it fit.

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The question is why would you. The 5.7 has a longer and larger aftermarket? You can stroke and supercharge the 5.7 for the cost of the crate motor? With that you dont need to change pcms, wiring harnesses, gauges, none of it.

OP
OP
T

The kracken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The question is why would you. The 5.7 has a longer and larger aftermarket? You can stroke and supercharge the 5.7 for the cost of the crate motor? With that you dont need to change pcms, wiring harnesses, gauges, none of it.
Because my motor is hurt and a 6.4 apache swap isnt but about 1000 more dollars and its almost plug and play except the oil pan , intake and timing cover need to be swaped from the 5.7 and tuning is different. there is just as much market if not more than the 5.7 and all the truck bolt on's will fit the 6.4. I spent all day yesterday researching it

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Any luck doing this?
There's quite a few 6.4 swapped 1500's on the hi-po Rams facebook pages,guys are even swapping 6.4's into the 5th Gen 1500s now.Use your 5.7 timing cover/oil pan /oil pump pickup tube/windage tray etc,and it's a bolt in swap,but you'll want it tuned to get everything out of the swap.If you do the SRT 6.4 swap be forewarned it's requires a mininium of 91 octane fuel,while the truck 6.4 will run fine on 87 octane

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is there any money in the 5.7 that is pulled out? I'm assuming you need to transfer over the accessories etc but the block/pistons etc., what's typically done with that in a swap?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Is there any money in the 5.7 that is pulled out? I'm assuming you need to transfer over the accessories etc but the block/pistons etc., what's typically done with that in a swap?
Sell your old 5.7 long block to recoup some of your costs