5.7 Hemi "eco"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jthesby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok... What is this eco light, have 1300 miles on my new 2014, have not seen that light. Maybe they don't have one on the 2014's?

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's really good mileage! Ya I usually keep cruise on at 90km/h. My old truck would get 25-27mpg imperial. It was a 4.7L, I hope my new one gets mileage like yours lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

i hardly ever use cruise control. many roads around me are a bit hilly and cruise tends to floor it when it loses speed. it is very nice to have on the flat highways tho. i'm hoping once it's fully broke in i can manage 35mpg but i thinking it'll be more like 33. the transmission does seem to have adjusted to my driving and the shifting has become much better which is probably helping

Ok... What is this eco light, have 1300 miles on my new 2014, have not seen that light. Maybe they don't have one on the 2014's?

i'm not sure if it shows on all the screens but if you pull up the economy screen it should show say eco at the top along with other information such as how many miles/kms it thinks you can go with the available fuel

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It should be there, but may be turned off, mine was. There is a way to turn it on and off in the 8.4 uconnect apps. Can't remember exactly, but check your OM. I found it in the downloaded version from the ram website.

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere about how the "ECO" indicator works.
The computer calculates an average fuel mileage over a certain amount of time (don't know how long), which must be above a set limit (like 15 for example). If your actual MPG is at or above that average, and set limit, the eco light will be on.
This may not be exactly right, so if anyone has more details, please speak up.:shrug:

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
mine seems to depend on how much throttle I give. Anything past 15% and its gone. Also, Eco and MDS have no co-relation, as my MDS is off and the Eco still shows when I'm cruising.

You can turn the Eco light off in system settings on the EVIC, atleast on my 2010 SLT. I turned mine off recently because when I first got the truck, I watched for the Eco more than the road. Not good, lol. Seems to average 13.5 - 15 US mpg, mostly city driving.

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2014 i get the best eco at 65 ive gotten up to 22.7 mpg at that speed at 75 about 13-16 but the eco light will come on it just wont stay on if its flat and not windy (or a tail wind) i can get the eco light to stay on of course. I have a habit of watching that damn eco too lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I turned mine off recently because when I first got the truck, I watched for the Eco more than the road. Not good, lol.

i find i've been doing the same thing but less and less as i get used to the truck