5.7 Hemi Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys new to the forum and new to programmer performance. I have a 2014 RAM 2500 5.7l Hemi. I race motocross and pull a trailer through the mountains of WV, VA, TN to ride. The truck bogs down even when I'm not towing so looking for something to help. I'm getting about 15mpg average regular driving and 9mpg when towing. This truck is not my daily driver usually just weekend when I go ride. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey guys new to the forum and new to programmer performance. I have a 2014 RAM 2500 5.7l Hemi. I race motocross and pull a trailer through the mountains of WV, VA, TN to ride. The truck bogs down even when I'm not towing so looking for something to help. I'm getting about 15mpg average regular driving and 9mpg when towing. This truck is not my daily driver usually just weekend when I go ride. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I have you change coil packs and spark plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know what gear ratio you have? Diablo tuner with a custom Hemifever tune. Paired with a Pedal Commander would be a great start. The three things a lot of people do is:
1. Tuner with custom tune
2. CAI
3. Exhaust
People will have lot of ideas-------We love to help you spend YOUR money :naughty::naughty:
Jay

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Longtubes and a custume tune, gears would be where I’d look after that.

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I have not.....should also mention I am not mechanically inclined past routine maintenance activities. It intimidates me to work on vehicles lol

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know what gear ratio you have? Diablo tuner with a custom Hemifever tune. Paired with a Pedal Commander would be a great start. The three things a lot of people do is:
1. Tuner with custom tune
2. CAI
3. Exhaust
People will have lot of ideas-------We love to help you spend YOUR money :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Is this something you should do all at once or is ok for the engine to do one, run it for a while then add the other stuff?

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Pedal commander is easiest thing i’ve Ever installed. Gives you SNAP when you hit the gas. Programmer is simple too. Both plug and play basically..makes HUGE difference

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pedal commander is easiest thing i’ve Ever installed. Gives you SNAP when you hit the gas. Programmer is simple too. Both plug and play basically..makes HUGE difference

Yea plug and play is a little more my style lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can do stuff one at a time--if you have the patience--or you can do multiple things at once. Most of the things listed so far don't require much, if any real mechanical knowledge. If you buy your mod's from Matt at Moe's Performance, a vendor here on this forum, he will be glad to help walk you through the installation process, as will many members also. He will also give you some good ideas of combinations of mod's that work well together.
Jay

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do the programmers give you all the info you need? I see guys talking about running 93 octane so is that something that needs to be done with any upgrade or just depending on the upgrade?

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can do stuff one at a time--if you have the patience--or you can do multiple things at once. Most of the things listed so far don't require much, if any real mechanical knowledge. If you buy your mod's from Matt at Moe's Performance, a vendor here on this forum, he will be glad to help walk you through the installation process, as will many members also. He will also give you some good ideas of combinations of mod's that work well together.
Jay

Awesome! Yea you guys have been a big help already!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tuners are set by the octane you use. There are generally 3 tunes available, 87, 89, and 91 Oct. You can choose which one you want, however all three will probably be entered into the tuner. Matt at Moe's or Hemifever, another vendor here, can fully explain the ins and outs.
Jay

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
As stated, I would start off with a tuner and Pedal Commander combo. A Diablo Tuner with custom tuning is giving us about 25hp/tq to the wheels on 89 octane and 30-35hp/tq to the wheels on 91/93 octane. We do send you loading instructions to explain how to load the tuning into your truck, but we can always help walk you through the loading process through email or over the phone.

Combine the new tuning with the instant responsiveness of the Pedal Commander, and it is going to feel like a completely different truck.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would want to know why it's bogging down before I changed anything.

OP
OP
ChubbyCat113

ChubbyCat113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would want to know why it's bogging down before I changed anything.

I think just weight of the truck. It's only when I run it with cruise control. It'll slow down 5mph and the throttle response takes forever to get the rpms back up