65rfe 4th gen 6 speed auto xsmn .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry guys I haven't been here for a while , I did notice someone chimed in above that I have on my IGNORANT list I'm assuming it's dexter ? If so just put him on your ignor list as he is a troll & TROUBLE maker ....at first he says interesting things that make you think hmmmm he isn't an Idiot then he continues to bait you into conversation ...not just you but others as well then the recent thread post is directed his way ... then he becomes very friendly and before you know it the entire thread becomes about his post above and he has successfully pulled many people into his idiocracy........

At this point this idiot ( dexter ) starts being a troll 100% because he doesn't realize all the guys with real contributing information has left the entire thread...

What he does see is people thirsty for real accurate information ...at this point he starts feeding **** information that only an idiot like him ( dexter ) believes is true ....

Long story short (dexter ) is a TROLL ALL OVER THE RAM FORUM !! a TROLL & an IDIOT just DO NOT RESPOND OR LIKE THIS IDIOTS post anywhere within the Ram Forum ....

This is my opinion ......I've seen this idiot TROLL & set up good people many times ....he is an ass and an idiot and a TROLL!! ! ! !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Bump [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the Torque app display trans temp? I could've sworn it did at least on my 2013....

I looked for it in there when I was trying out OBDLink and AlfaOBD.. no luck. Only place the RFE trans temp was apparent in my 2015 is in the EVIC and in AlfaOBD .

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks for the responses.

I just added a pan with drainplug to make annual fluid changes easier and I plan to switch over to Redline ATF. I have a medium duty trans cooler to install ASAP.

TheEnder, How are you able to monitor transmission temps in your 2013? My 2012 tradesman doesn't display trans temp. I'm having difficulty finding a OBD option that works with my tranny. I currently have Dashcommand, but it doesn't display trans temp for my truck.

My EVIC has the trans temp numbers in the Gauge Cluster. Does your 2012 have the 3.5 inch “prem” cluster or the regular incredibly small display cluster?

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

FlyingRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter
I have the tradesman edition. The only information I see on the display is Total Miles, Trip A, and Trip B, Outside Air Temp (OAT) and ECO "status".

I have DashCommand that works with a generic wifi OBD2 reader. DC support informed me there was a possible option to load a PID for my truck if the truck supports it. I went through their instructions a few times. The only options I can find in DC is for gear position or speed. I'd be willing to go with another OBD reader if I knew it would indeed work with my Tradesmand edition.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the tradesman edition. The only information I see on the display is Total Miles, Trip A, and Trip B, Outside Air Temp (OAT) and ECO "status".

I have DashCommand that works with a generic wifi OBD2 reader. DC support informed me there was a possible option to load a PID for my truck if the truck supports it. I went through their instructions a few times. The only options I can find in DC is for gear position or speed. I'd be willing to go with another OBD reader if I knew it would indeed work with my Tradesmand edition.

Another option is one of those sweet finned aluminum trans pans with a **** for a temperature probe, and a conventional temp sensor and gauge like in the old days before OBD. Or even brazing in a **** to your existing pan (or a cheaply available OEM one so you can swap in one step)

I don't know what the year by year changes are but my Tradesman is a 2015 and has the little 3 inch black-and-white LCD between the speedo and tach; I can cycle through a bunch of different pages showing MPG, tire pressure, MPH/KPH (useful when I cross a border) water temp, oil temp, trans temp... etc. Guessing that's not in your 2012 Tradesman? I wonder if the color LCD gauge cluster swap would work for you?

JMUSPSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 1500 with 82k miles. Just had the solenoid pack replaced last week. I drove it 115 miles and now getting code 740. I'm waiting to hear back from the shop but the tech said they might need to rebuild it. Seems strange that this happens so soon after the new pack is put in.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
2013 1500 with 82k miles. Just had the solenoid pack replaced last week. I drove it 115 miles and now getting code 740. I'm waiting to hear back from the shop but the tech said they might need to rebuild it. Seems strange that this happens so soon after the new pack is put in.

hemi395 found this vids and every rfe owner should watch them. I would not go rebuilding a transmision just because of a code, especially if it is actually driving fine.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Can you check hot level transmision fluid next run, even check cold level before you start truck and then again with truck in nuetral?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Cold checks are unreliable in my experience with an auto trans.

Hot is always accurate.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Cold checks are unreliable in my experience with an auto trans.

Hot is always accurate.

that's why I said both, I wanted to know if there was any oil on the dip stick. If the fluid is low you can get this code, was my thinking. If it was low I didnt want him to warm up the truck, just add a qrt or two whatever.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
that's why I said both, I wanted to know if there was any oil on the dip stick. If the fluid is low you can get this code, was my thinking. If it was low I didnt want him to warm up the truck, just add a qrt or two whatever.
hey burla…i remember you had a stuttering issue a while ago.

did you ever find a fix? i think i read that when you put it in tow/haul the stuttering stopped…that’s my case. i have a bad stuttering in 2nd on and it goes away when i put the truck into tow/haul.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
hey burla…i remember you had a stuttering issue a while ago.

did you ever find a fix? i think i read that when you put it in tow/haul the stuttering stopped…that’s my case. i have a bad stuttering in 2nd on and it goes away when i put the truck into tow/haul.
yeah I changed out atf4 and added 8 quarts redline c+, shutter has been gone since and I havent used tow haul unless I am towing.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
yeah I changed out atf4 and added 8 quarts redline c+, shutter has been gone since and I havent used tow haul unless I am towing.
okay thank you. i couldn’t find the fix for my stuttering so i replaced the converter and it didn’t go away. i will do that