6.4 hemi oem tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catmandoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 4500
Engine
I have a 2016 4500 6.4. With the 6.4 in the cab n chassis 4500 they detune it to 370hp but maintain the same torque. The 3500 cab n chassis 6.4's don't get the detune. I'm wondering how I go about getting the tune back to the 410hp. I know there's some company's out there offering tuners but wasn't sure if they'd get me what I was looking for.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is a rumor that it's only the way the rate them, and the hp would be identical otherwise. Contact HemiFever and see what he says about any potential differences in tune. Diablosport and HPTuners are your two options for tuning the newer trucks, most people go with the Diablosport option. FYI, you will need to purchase an unlocked PCM once it's available for the 16's as the factory unit is locked.

OP
OP
C

Catmandoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 4500
Engine
There is a rumor that it's only the way the rate them, and the hp would be identical otherwise. Contact HemiFever and see what he says about any potential differences in tune. Diablosport and HPTuners are your two options for tuning the newer trucks, most people go with the Diablosport option. FYI, you will need to purchase an unlocked PCM once it's available for the 16's as the factory unit is locked.

That's interesting I wondered about that. I know it had something to do with epa/emissions. Thanks for the response.