6.4 ram hemi upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebododge78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2014 Dodge 2500 with a 6.4 Hemi. I am having trouble finding any kind of simple upgrades. Such as a programmer, cold air intake etc. The only thing i have fit on is a K&N filter. I am mainly looking for a programmer. One that if i need to take into the dealer it is not traceable since I live in California. Any suggestions would be great.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablo tunner with either hemifever custom tunning or jay greene custom tunning. Only CAI is K&N and they don't seem to be available any where yet and they are not legal in Cali. Also mufflex has to bolt on pipes that go into the factory location. 1 - is with a magnaflow muffler and one is just a straight pipe. Both bolt right into place. also there are long tube headers and throttle bodies available. Personally I would just go with the dcx Intune and a custom tune from one of the two listed above. Then a good air filter. Also I know Volant Is looking for a ram 25006.4"s for a week so they can make a CAI for our trucks, and hell you would get a free one afterwards for letting them use your truck. They are located in upland or some where in so cal.

OP
OP
E

Ebododge78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
thanks for the info. I have used the diablo before in other trucks. haven't heard of the Jay Green, but i will do some research. i might have to get a hold of Volant, I'm about an hour away from upland.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks for the info. I have used the diablo before in other trucks. haven't heard of the Jay Green, but i will do some research. i might have to get a hold of Volant, I'm about an hour away from upland.

There ya go get them to build a prototype on your truck lol

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ratket pretty much nailed it. I wanted to do a SI/DO muffler but have no room for a second pipe due to the rear self leveling air system.

K&N has a CAI for the truck but it won't be available until later in November by all accounts.

A DCX InTune with a custom program by HemiFever would be an awesome addition to the truck.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have ARH long tubes and the Magnaflow 19200 cat back kit. Seemed to take a little time for the computer to adapt to the changes. But no doubt the headers woke it up. Still, would recommend a custom tune first. Be happy you have a 2014, still no tuner options for 2015's yet:(

Modern Muscle Performance recommended this cam:
https://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/product/modern-muscle-custom-64l-hemi-cam

Not a specific truck motor grind, but from the feedback I've seen it's likely to show gains throughout much of the power curve. Of course, this might fall outside your definition of simple upgrade.