6.4 upgrades past simple bolt ons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil21502

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What all is available after simple bolt ons? I have a 2015 ram 2500 6.4 hemi. It has exhaust, intake, moes throttle body, hemifever custom tuning and 4.88 gears with 35's. I'm addicted to power with this truck and was wondering where I go next? Any cams or torque converters out there? Or I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Torque converter is a option- One of the members has it I just can't remember his name- He will chime in soon I am sure.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Think it's Viking or something like that

Think it was something like that:) Of my mods to date, I would rate in order of usefulness:
1: Headers
2: Torque Converter
3: Tuner
4: Cat-back
5: Ported TB
6: Airbox Mod

If I wasn't waiting for the Whipple kit to come out, 4.56 gears would be next on my list. From the other feedback I'd read it will likely be one of the best mods you could make. Even with 4.10's the truck could definitely use better gearing. Obviously the Whipple kit will surpass all other mods by far if you don't mind the 8k+ price. But their last response to my inquiry was, "Hello sir we are still waiting on casting and a few other things to engineer."

The torque converter along with Hemifever's trans tuning did wonders for drivability, so highly recommended. Along with a gear swap it would probably the best way to start. The headers did drop my 0-60 about a second, which is why they are high on my list. One good look at the factory log manifolds and you can easily understand why they help so much.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think it was something like that:) Of my mods to date, I would rate in order of usefulness:
1: Headers
2: Torque Converter
3: Tuner
4: Cat-back
5: Ported TB
6: Airbox Mod

If I wasn't waiting for the Whipple kit to come out, 4.56 gears would be next on my list. From the other feedback I'd read it will likely be one of the best mods you could make. Even with 4.10's the truck could definitely use better gearing. Obviously the Whipple kit will surpass all other mods by far if you don't mind the 8k+ price. But their last response to my inquiry was, "Hello sir we are still waiting on casting and a few other things to engineer."

The torque converter along with Hemifever's trans tuning did wonders for drivability, so highly recommended. Along with a gear swap it would probably the best way to start. The headers did drop my 0-60 about a second, which is why they are high on my list. One good look at the factory log manifolds and you can easily understand why they help so much.
What do u mean by air box mod? Is there a DIY mod or you mean just a CAI?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What do u mean by air box mod? Is there a DIY mod or you mean just a CAI?

It's a DIY mod I read about on another forum:

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/ram_airbox_intake_tube_mod-82922/

I was pretty happy with the results, especially considering the cost, but it's still subtle compared to other mods I mentioned.

There are a couple of CAI options available now, but don't like the K&N setup and $500 for the AFE kit is a bit pricey until I hear more positive feedback.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fiberglass hood with the "Hood scoop " induction that dumps air to the top of the air box would be good with the K&N intake set up. If I had the funds I would do that with a Afe dry filter with a Bag and I would do the DIY on the bottom plate of the filter box to maximize air flow-

Those cams look awsome- Would be interesting to see how it did in a truck application -

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's a DIY mod I read about on another forum:

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/ram_airbox_intake_tube_mod-82922/

I was pretty happy with the results, especially considering the cost, but it's still subtle compared to other mods I mentioned.

There are a couple of CAI options available now, but don't like the K&N setup and $500 for the AFE kit is a bit pricey until I hear more positive feedback.
I didn't feel like digging up an old thread do I figured I'd ask it here. Did you end up blocking the stock air inlet ever? To me it would only be worth it if I ended up doing that and it would be kind of like a poor man's vararam. I've got the hemifever tune, mufflex, Moe's TB and k&n drop in and the next mods are a little rich for my taste so I've been trying to find cheap mods like this and possibly replacing the stock intake hose.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I didn't feel like digging up an old thread do I figured I'd ask it here. Did you end up blocking the stock air inlet ever? To me it would only be worth it if I ended up doing that and it would be kind of like a poor man's vararam. I've got the hemifever tune, mufflex, Moe's TB and k&n drop in and the next mods are a little rich for my taste so I've been trying to find cheap mods like this and possibly replacing the stock intake hose.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

No, I didn't block the stock inlet. If it ever does ingest water then it won't get sucked up into the engine since the stock inlet will become the path of least resistance. So while it's probably not a truly effective ram air, hopefully it provides some additional air to help with the other mods.