6.7 cummins i6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Hey guys just got me my life long dream of a cummins!! Love the truck so far so much power and torque just enjoying it!

What are some basic upgrades I could do in reference to a few little power upgrades to start off with my truck?

I have in the future plans to do a full egr/dpf delete, along with a tuner and probably muffler upgrade as well any other basic ones I could do? I want to milk this beast of some mpgs, what can I do to help that?

Could ripping off my muffler do anything beneficial?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Until you get ready to delete it your not going to find to much to upgrade much power wise IMO.
once you delete it then you can do a number of thing to get it running better power wise and just have a happier motor that will live longer without all the crap on it.
EFILIVE, full delete, trans tune ( if its a auto) full TBE system. that right there will make it drive like a new truck, smoother better power and better mileage to boot.

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
Until you get ready to delete it your not going to find to much to upgrade much power wise IMO.
once you delete it then you can do a number of thing to get it running better power wise and just have a happier motor that will live longer without all the crap on it.
EFILIVE, full delete, trans tune ( if its a auto) full TBE system. that right there will make it drive like a new truck, smoother better power and better mileage to boot.
Yeah, I mean I just want to do some simple ones for now someone said CCV, was thinking a CAI, and save up for a delete probably have to get piece by piece slowly but do what I have to

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
A cai offers no gain in power just noise, the stock Cummins air box can handle over 500hp . They look cool and make the turbo sound louder/better but thats really it.
With all the filters in the exhaust taking off the muffler is about a waste of time as well, you wont see any gain or really even hear to much difference or nothing that you would be wanting.

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
A cai offers no gain in power just noise, the stock Cummins air box can handle over 500hp . They look cool and make the turbo sound louder/better but thats really it.
With all the filters in the exhaust taking off the muffler is about a waste of time as well, you wont see any gain or really even hear to much difference or nothing that you would be wanting.
Oh okay, well I can already hear my turbo spool pretty good so may not have to worry about it then.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As 69GWC posted, there's not much you can do power or mpg wise without deleting. If you don't want to get into that yet you'll be better off saving your money and putting it towards the tuner/deletes and just enjoy the truck as it is now.

OP
OP
CumminsTxBoy89

CumminsTxBoy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
As 69GWC posted, there's not much you can do power or mpg wise without deleting. If you don't want to get into that yet you'll be better off saving your money and putting it towards the tuner/deletes and just enjoy the truck as it is now.
Yeah that's definitely my plan was going to go ahead and try to do the CCV, and the secondary fuel/water separator