6.7L CTD Power Modification Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
All right, gents.

Let's post up information here on popular 6.7L Cummins power modifications, such as tuners, exhaust, cold air intakes, DEF delete etc...that make your Cummins perform.

This is not a debate thread. Rather, let's just discuss what we've done and what the pros and cons are of the power mod.

I'll start...I'm stock right now but just received an S&B cold air intake from Moe's performance.

I'm pretty sure I'll do a tuner, exhaust, DEF delete, gauges and an EGT sensor package.

So what ya got? Post up your proven or intended mods to your Cummins.

Reactions: SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
(Hopefully) I will be picking my New 2016 Loaded Bighorn up on the 4-21/22.
Will definitely be paying attention to what is shared & talked about within this thread.
Many mods are planned to aid in towing the family 5th wheel.

Look forward to this Thread! :favorites13:

magnum61hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Following... I have '14 SLT with Cummins, no power mods as yet. Don't want to mess with voiding warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey mad dog, I know you got into a wreck, I'm assuming your 6.4 got totaled? Got a Cummins? How you liking it?

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Had a 07.5 Cummins before thus truck, EFIlive is the wau to go I ran 100hp+ tune, Trans tuned and finally ran a s465 turbo on a 2nd gen manifold with a 5" flowpro TBE system.
Truck was a beast to say the least..lol

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Honestly putting lower gears in these new trucks would be my first suggestion those 3,42s have to hurt you lowend power and even more so if you go bigger on tire size.
3,73s were a real nice gear untill I went to 35s then 6th gear was worthless unless you where doing 70+mph.
4,10s would have been perfect with 35s or 37s.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A cold air intake on this truck doesn't bring in gobs of more torque or HP but I did notice some things after I installed an S&B 75-5068 kit with the reusable filter.

1. The exhaust tone deepened.
2. You can really hear the compression brake working when in auto or full mode.
3. There's a bit more turbo whistle. If ya don't wanna hear it, just turn up the tunes.
4. The biggest improvement, in my view, is the improved throttle response. There is no lag between input and GO.

Now I have to decide on what muffler I want in my exhaust when I do the delete.

But first, I have low beam and foglight HID's to install.

auniqueone23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would suggest deleting of course, cold air intake won't make or break performance. It certainly makes the turbo a bit louder. Then get your self some gauges to keep an eye on things. If you plan to beat the crap out of your truck I would suggest upgrading the transmission or you'll tear it up pretty quick. But! If your like me and love your truck and are just looking to make your rig last you longer, you should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hey mad dog, I know you got into a wreck, I'm assuming your 6.4 got totaled? Got a Cummins? How you liking it?

Yeah, the 2014 6.4L HEMI powered 2500 was written off as a total loss.

I did purchase a new 2500 CC with the 6.7L CTD and am very happy with it except for the stupid tire pressure threshold value for the TPMS. I am going to try and remedy that later this week.

It drives a bit differently than the 2014 as it's a bit heavier up front than the other truck. It takes a bit more braking to bring it to a stop although I think I'll go out and bed the pads and season the rotors. That may help with a bit more positive brake pedal.

It also sounds different! I could hear the 2014 start up in the morning (I had remote start) but I can't hear the Cummins.

The power is totally different. Low RPM/High torque vs. High RPM/lower torque.

Inside it's like I was in my 2014 with a few more gadgets to play with and a little bit different gauge cluster.

All in all I am very happy with the new truck and am doing my darnedest to not get run into again. :roflsquared: