8 speed Trans Tune from HP Tuners *Video*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://youtu.be/Lm3C6t8VcVY

Thanks to Greene Racing and the new transmission tune, this thing is a monster on the shifts and all very very safe! I rolled into the throttle to keep from blowing the tires off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the 8 speed tuning for the 2014 trucks is excellent.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How much do you want for it Rick?

Let me talk to Dylan and see what it's gonna cost me to go back to stock Gary.I know i'll need a new front switch assembly and back cover to go back to stock,what else i'll need i'm not sure. Give me a week or so,as I won't see him till next Friday,we're about 300 miles apart,and only see each other on Friday nights at the track,lol.He's 150 miles north of the local track and i'm 155 miles south of it,aarrgghh,lol

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats cool. That would kill me being that far from a track. Lol We are looking into moving to Nashville Tn from Baton Rouge La & were in Nashville this past week looking at houses. The wife got mad at me when on our trip to scouting out houses I went to scout out the local tracks. I had to make sure I had a track close. Lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thats cool. That would kill me being that far from a track. Lol We are looking into moving to Nashville Tn from Baton Rouge La & were in Nashville this past week looking at houses. The wife got mad at me when on our trip to scouting out houses I went to scout out the local tracks. I had to make sure I had a track close. Lol

Wifes don't know about the important things in life,lol.

Yea there's been some mumbling about our city councils decision not to renew the local track's lease when it came up a few years ago.Now they yell and ***** about the street racing that goes on.Not sure what they thought would happen,with 1.2 million people, a younger population and no track.Now the closest track for us is 155 miles away,makes for long Friday's in the summer,i usually leave from work and most Fridays don't get home till well after 2:00,thank god for cruise,lol

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's crazy, it jumps from 30 to 40 at the snap of a finger

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice! I definitely want to get trans tuning in mine, just don't want to spend the money on a second tuner right now.
How's the normal day to day driving?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
So, which one of the HP tuners do you need to make this happen?

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice! I definitely want to get trans tuning in mine, just don't want to spend the money on a second tuner right now.
How's the normal day to day driving?

I have mine setup like stock with a bit of shift firmness. It's very smooth until you hammer it.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First time I've heard of VCM suite. What's the deal with it? Can this supplement a Diablo custom tune, or would it be a complete replacement? Pro's con's vs. the two (obviously outside the 8sp tuning). I assume it'll work on a 15' w/ an unlocked PCM. Is it just a matter of time until the functionality is cracked for the Diablo? Wondering if I need to be patient or just go buy another $600 tuner lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
First time I've heard of VCM suite. What's the deal with it? Can this supplement a Diablo custom tune, or would it be a complete replacement? Pro's con's vs. the two (obviously outside the 8sp tuning). I assume it'll work on a 15' w/ an unlocked PCM. Is it just a matter of time until the functionality is cracked for the Diablo? Wondering if I need to be patient or just go buy another $600 tuner lol.

It's HP Tuners software.It can be paired with your Diablo engine tune.FYI,if this is your first foray into the HP program, i'd recommend looking for a tuner who has experience with the HP VCM suite,as it's a pretty in depth program.
I would think Diablo will have something for the 8speed eventually though.