After Market Rear Diff Cover??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that's terrible business there bud. You don't come in behind another vendor who is actually contributing to a thread and try to steal business. I know where my money won't be spent.

Very well said David. I would have gotten banned for what I wanted to say.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thanks guys. Lance, I will shoot you a PM with a package price on the 2 covers.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry didn't read Matt was specifically asked for the post above my first post, and then the post above my second post there was no direction towards who it was being asked, however no excuses MY BAD and Apologies! :)

Thanks
Jeremiah

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
IMO this is why Vendors shouldn't be allowed to peddle their products in threads. People come in here asking others opinions on something they want to do with their truck and they get hammered with solicitation posts. Funny thing is this is maybe the 10th thread I've read tonight and 9 of them had the same vendor telling the OP to PM them so they could sell them something. Sad part is only 2 of them were threads where the OP was actually asking where to buy a product, the rest were simply asking others opinions on a product..

Again, JMO..

EDIT:
I understand competition in business but this practice will stop me from EVER purchasing.
http://www.ramforum.com/f40/best_choice-45191/

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
IMO this is why Vendors shouldn't be allowed to peddle their products in threads. People come in here asking others opinions on something they want to do with their truck and they get hammered with solicitation posts. Funny thing is this is maybe the 10th thread I've read tonight and 9 of them had the same vendor telling the OP to PM them so they could sell them something. Sad part is only 2 of them were threads where the OP was actually asking where to buy a product, the rest were simply asking others opinions on a product..

Again, JMO..

EDIT:
I understand competition in business but this practice will stop me from EVER purchasing.
http://www.ramforum.com/f40/best_choice-45191/

I could not agree with you more. Every forum vendor should be able to show common courtesy to other vendors. If 1 vendor is already in a thread offering advice or answering questions about a part, you do not jump in there trying to undercut them or clutter the forum with your contact info.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
or... you could keep the one you got and protect it with one of these: Spider Differential Rock Guards

Those look pretty cool, but they are strictly a guard to protect the cover. The benefit of a Mag Hytec or other larger covers is that they hold more fluid and have cooling fins which help keep the diff fluid temp down. They also have a drain plug which makes it very easy to maintain. The Mag Hytec also uses an O-ring gasket that comes with the kit which means you don't have to mess with any sticky RTV. There was so much RTV on my factory cover that I almost needed a pry bar just to break it loose...haha.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, this was an honest mistake on Jeremiahs end
We can all work together here

Last edited:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Agreed. I was just posting up an option, I'm not following the scheme of this thread and trying to take business away haha. literally I was just posting up what i thought was cool and was another option no one else thought of. And its cheap..

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Agreed. I was just posting up an option, I'm not following the scheme of this thread and trying to take business away haha. literally I was just posting up what i thought was cool and was another option no one else thought of. And its cheap..

I actually ran a similar type cover on my 2010 Cummins made by Carli. It was to protect from front diff though because I scraped it on a few rocks while playing around. I think those Spider Guards would look mean on a Power Wagon of lifted 4WD.

bman12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Purchased a Mag Hytec from Moes a few months ago of course amazing service but Thanks to the great Canadian weather I haven't been able to install yet , What I like is that it has a dip stick to check your levels , a drain plug so you dont have to remove the whole cover when changing the fluid . Also it has a Temp sender port on the top, what my plans are is to install a Diff Temp gauge to keep an eye on it and install this Gauge in my pillar pod that was used for my Trinity since I never leave it in the truck , too many lookers and dont need it to get stolen. I Figure it could come in handy running these big tires

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Those look pretty cool, but they are strictly a guard to protect the cover. The benefit of a Mag Hytec or other larger covers is that they hold more fluid and have cooling fins which help keep the diff fluid temp down. They also have a drain plug which makes it very easy to maintain. The Mag Hytec also uses an O-ring gasket that comes with the kit which means you don't have to mess with any sticky RTV. There was so much RTV on my factory cover that I almost needed a pry bar just to break it loose...haha.

That's what I was going to ask. So you dont need any RTV with the Mag Hytec? Just bolt it on with the O-ring and go?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
You got it. The cover has a grove already cut out and it comes with the o ring. It is 1000x cleaner than having to mess with RTV. I have been checking mine daily to make sure there are no leaks, and everything outside the cover is dry. It sealed up perfectly.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
That's great. Wish they would make all covers like that.

Also 5 quarts? Man that's a lot of diff fluid..LOL $$$

Thanks Matt

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Also 5 quarts? Man that's a lot of diff fluid..LOL $$$

Thanks Matt

Tell me about it. I went with Royal Purple in mine, and that stuff is $20 per quart. Oriley's has it on sale right now for $15 per quart though, so I grabbed a few extra just in case.