After Market Rear Diff Cover??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anybody have a link to moe's for purchasing the magtech covers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Awesome! Thanks Moe!

I will order one next spring when I do my first rear end fluid change.
I probably will order one at the end of the summer just to have it ready to go. I figure I will only have barely 10K miles by next spring.

DieselDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recon12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my Mag-Hytek cover (from Moe's) and after reading this thread I was concerned about clearance. I have air suspension and it goes down about 2" for "Entry/Exit" mode. No problem though as this picture shows. The truck is down as far as it goes and actually sitting on the bump stops.
i-rcbTjJn-L.jpg
But holy moly, that U shaped bracket that someone described as small is pretty big IMO! I would hate to have to cut that away.

Will be installing the new cover soon...looks like something even a shade tree mechanic like me can do easily:crazy:

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks like I am going to get a the Mag-Hytec rear diff cover and tranny cover.
Anyone replace the front cover as well?
What one are you using?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Looks like I am going to get a the Mag-Hytec rear diff cover and tranny cover.
Anyone replace the front cover as well?
What one are you using?

Only PML has a front pan but you have to call them directly; I have the PML front diff cover on mine and I was part of their trial run on them.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Only PML has a front pan but you have to call them directly; I have the PML front diff cover on mine and I was part of their trial run on them.

Thanks.

That kind of sucks.......I like the Mag-Hytec and would like to go the same for all 3

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I ordered all 3 today.

She said something about the front being difficult to install........any input on this?

What gear oils are most using......RP?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I ordered all 3 today.

She said something about the front being difficult to install........any input on this?

What gear oils are most using......RP?

Only issue I had with my install is getting one bolt in but I was able to use a 1/4" wrench and 1/4" hex bit to get the bolt right by the steering rack since I couldn't get a ratchet in there. I used RP gear oil when I did mine but I'll use anything from Shell or Redline just use the correct weight for each differential. I like the Redline because it's already got the friction modifier in it.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Crazy what they charge for diff covers for these trucks. A little over $100 will get you a custom painted cover for a Wrangler D44. Poison Spyder, Ridler, Teraflex, Solid. AEV being probably the most expensive.

Still might spring for one since I tow a lot.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I didn't think the pricing was bad but I did think they may give me a small discount for buying all 3 but hey......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my Mag-Hytek cover (from Moe's) and after reading this thread I was concerned about clearance. I have air suspension and it goes down about 2" for "Entry/Exit" mode. No problem though as this picture shows. The truck is down as far as it goes and actually sitting on the bump stops.
i-rcbTjJn-L.jpg
But holy moly, that U shaped bracket that someone described as small is pretty big IMO! I would hate to have to cut that away.

Will be installing the new cover soon...looks like something even a shade tree mechanic like me can do easily:crazy:

How did your install go and did you have any issues being in "Entry/Exit mode? And did it take 5 quarts? Thanks!!

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone confirm that the Mag-Hytec take 5 quarts?

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can any one confirm post number 55?

No one responded to my question and I ended up purchasing a gallon of Red Line (which already has the additive for LSDs by the way) and used less than 4 quarts (in other words less than a gallon).

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
I got Mobile1 75-140 for my new diff cover, it also has the limited slip additive in it. Haven't decided on which one to get yet.
I posted a new thread about a AFE cover, no one has responded that has used them yet.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the G2 adds an extra quart . I used Redline oil so I wouldn't have to use any ****** Mopar additive.

13892246_10154431075773552_3606587382946774856_n.jpg