Air Idle Control Valve Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been having idle stalling issues lately with my 11 5.7 and read in the 3rd gen forum it could be due to the air idle control valve being dirty.

Seems to happen more frequently in colder weather but has happened in the summer on occasion.

I tried looking up to see if anyone had the same issue with 4th gens but not having much luck.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been having idle stalling issues lately with my 11 5.7 and read in the 3rd gen forum it could be due to the air idle control valve being dirty.

Seems to happen more frequently in colder weather but has happened in the summer on occasion.

I tried looking up to see if anyone had the same issue with 4th gens but not having much luck.

May be completley wrong, but my 3rd gen would have a simillar issue, mine was PCV valve...

stick89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 02 4.7 I had a bad idle issue, my RPM's would jump around and stall the truck out if I wasn't feathering the throttle.. I pulled the IAC valve out and covered it with wd-40, it simmered out some for a week or 2. I ended up pulling one out of a local pick a parts truck for the entry fee, lubricating it before installing and no problems in the past year..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Artnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
May be completley wrong, but my 3rd gen would have a simillar issue, mine was PCV valve...
Had to do some research to find this but anyone with a 4th gen having these issues should check their tranny fluid.

If it's low it could be causing the torque converter to stay in the locked position while idling due to lack of lube

My fluid was low and when I topped it up I haven't had an issue since.

Hope this helps others

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had to do some research to find this but anyone with a 4th gen having these issues should check their tranny fluid.

If it's low it could be causing the torque converter to stay in the locked position while idling due to lack of lube

My fluid was low and when I topped it up I haven't had an issue since.

Hope this helps others

If it was low in fluid would it cause the truck to surge at idle from about 500 to 750. My 10 has been doing it for a little while now. It all the time will it surge that bad but without a doubt it does surge pretty much all the time when it's warmed up. Cold start it idles fine but like I said as soon as it gets warm the idle drops to like 550 and it'll do what it does 2010 hemi 113k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got it fixed with the trans fluid. But just so you know, there is no IAC valve on a 4th gen. It is all done with the electronic throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01