Alternator Bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosepicker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Posting here to see if anyone has changed their ALTERNATOR BEARINGS?

I have confirmed its the front bearing of the alternator. She (bearing) is basically howling now at this point. This moring I replaced the water pump as that bearing was shot. I guess because the water pump bearing went and released coolant all around in there it seems to have spread the hate to the alternator bearing. Anyways....

If anyone has taken apart an alternator and put only "new bearings" back in the original alternator, please let me know what the part number or bearing dimensions please. Can't seem to find any info except a new alternator, which is a lot more $$. For no reason really.

Truck : 2011 Ram 1500 - 5.7L hemi SLT 4x4

Cheers

Jason

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I dunno this might work, since they changed the name your year from Dodge Ram to Ram, I'm not sure they updated the application guide. Unless they changed the alternator in your year, this would fit.

DODGE RAM 1500 V8 5.7L 345CID 2003-2010

According to Amazon the alternator was the same for 4 gens through 2012, so that item should work, best guess. GL

I like your avatar name, you fit in just fine round here. They have kits for rebuilds, I don't know if you would need that or not to pull apart that bearing. Have you tried to remove the pully? Just spin that center bolt and see if it loosens.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jason, I don't have an answer to your question but I just wanted to mention that it is refreshing to read that someone actually wanted to repair something instead of just throwing it away and replacing it.
Jay