Antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going to do an antifreeze flush in my 2012 ram. Changing the thermostat as well (thanks to guys recommendations) in another post.
So just wondering since this Ram takes HOAT antifreeze, wondering what you guys use? I heard even the prestone or others that don't say HOAT, but say can mix with any other antifreeze...this I heard is still not good.
At my local Canadian tire they sell "OEM" by Recochem. This any good?
Or is the Prestone stuff that says can go in any vehicle ok to use?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I flush my coolant every year and get my coolant from the dealership. That's one of the things I go to the dealership for. That's what I would do if I was you; went to O` Riley one time and they gave me the green stuff that turned out to be wrong.

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i use zerex GO5 is the same as the oem a lot cheaper if you can find it in canada hope it will help

OP
OP
B

beep119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a question....my 2012 ram says it holds 15 litres of coolant..does this include what's in reservoir tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
2 gallons..

I drained my radiator via the lower hose connected to radiator. I couldn't figure out how to remove the plastic radiator drain plug. Any suggestions?

I twisted the plug counter clockwise a 1/4 of a turn and pulled nothing happened so I gave up.

2 gallons is what I needed to replace after draining.