Antifreeze for my 2014 with 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
FCA is really ******* me off...

4th revision of the 2015 manual does state MS90032

But, 3rd one (the one I have in the truck)
require MS12106 and no mention of MS90032

So I'm pretty sure there's no difference between both specs, FCA just changed the number because some ms12106 compatible product start to show up on the market...

I think they are the same also. From what I have gathered looking around, FIAT specs usually are a 9000 series number and I suspect it is just a conversion from the legacy Chrysler spec numbering pattern to the FIAT numbering pattern.

OP
OP
R

Red-R/T

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went to the dealer today and for my 2014 R/T they had the orange stuff at $28.75 for a gallon of the concentrate or $14.85 for a gallon of the premixed 50/50. I had a $25 dealer gift card sent to me by the dealer so out the door with two gallons of the premixed for $7.11.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For those of you planning on keeping your truck for a very long time run Evan's coolant. You will never replace a water pump or heater core due to corrosion. 1st thing I do to any vehicle I buy new is dump the junk the dealers put in...

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
For those of you planning on keeping your truck for a very long time run Evan's coolant. You will never replace a water pump or heater core due to corrosion. 1st thing I do to any vehicle I buy new is dump the junk the dealers put in...

Interesting stuff. Do you send in yearly samples they claim is needed to maintain the warranty? If so, what is the cost on that?

Also, the no water thing, are you carrying around a jug of the stuff for emergencies?

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Interesting stuff. Do you send in yearly samples they claim is needed to maintain the warranty? If so, what is the cost on that?

Also, the no water thing, are you carrying around a jug of the stuff for emergencies?

To your 1st question, no. Not sure whom you are saying requires a sample? Chrysler or Evan's.

To your 2nd question. No. It can be mixed with water just like regular coolant in case of an emergency. It just turns it into regular coolant and your ant-corrosion factor is lost. I have never had a failure of a water pump, head gasket or heater core, ever...With this stuff it's once and done. You never flush your system again because the cancer causing corrosion of water is eliminated. I have seen people flush theirs after ten years and it is clean.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
To your 1st question, no. Not sure whom you are saying requires a sample? Chrysler or Evan's.

They seem to have some hoops to jump through if expecting to use their warranty in case of an issue.

Evans Cooling » Warranty Information

Conditions and Maintenance Requirements

To qualify for coverage under this warranty, the following must be done:

Completely purge the cooling system using the Evans Coolant Conversion Procedure.

Upon proper draining of the cooling system, the system should be filled completely with Evans Waterless Coolant.

Once conversion is completed, the water content of the cooling system must be measured to insure that it does not exceed 3%. A sample of coolant taken post-conversion must be sent to ECS, Inc.

Top-off must only be done with Evans Waterless Coolant.

Annual coolant sampling and analysis must be done to insure the integrity of the Evans Coolant has not been compromised. (Sample sent to us?)

This warranty is limited solely to the owner or lessee of the vehicle at the time of the initial fill of Evans Waterless Coolant.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They seem to have some hoops to jump through if expecting to use their warranty in case of an issue.

Evans Cooling » Warranty Information
LOL That's just a cya from Evan's but we have been using it for 15 years and if you just flush it correctly you are good to go, pretty much for the life of the vehicle unless you have a mishap.
Factory warranty isn't voided.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
LOL That's just a cya from Evan's but we have been using it for 15 years and if you just flush it correctly you are good to go, pretty much for the life of the vehicle unless you have a mishap.
Factory warranty isn't voided.

I will stick with the factory stuff until out of warranty and then probably switch to something like the Peak Global that SyN mentions.

This Evan's stuff I am sure does what it says it does but for me, it really is just adding layers of difficulty if in the rare case there is a problem and rather play the warranty dance with the dealer using the factory recommended fluid than trying to play with Evan's and showing I have done everything they ask and all the annual fluid analysis.

I know you say the factory warranty is not voided but that is of little assurance if there is an issue remotely related to coolant as FCA will almost surely push back on it.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there that much of a need to swap the coolant out for something else? They just started using OAT coolant two years ago. Most of the vehicles using this coolant are still under warranty. Pick up one gallon or just top off with a little distilled water. If you are using any more than that, it should be a warranty problem. Why worry about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guyc66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what it's worth, below is an email response I received from Prestone this morning concerning their Cor-Guard Antifreeze which you can pick up at Walmart (or other stores) for around $9 for a gallon of 50/50 pre-diluted mix. I emailed them back and asked if they would be updating their website to reflect this information, but have not heard back yet.

On Wed, 2/21/18, Prestone Information <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Chrysler MS-90032 compatible antifreeze
To: "Guy ---------"
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 7:50 AM

Good Morning Guy,

We do not evaluate that coolant for compliance with any OEM specification, however it is fully compatible with all coolants meeting MS-90032 and is a suitable replacement for them in any application that calls for a coolant meeting MS-90032. Please let me know if you require anything further.

Sincerely,

Aaron Jones
Prestone Consumer Relations Representative
Phone: 203-731-8191

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:39 AM
To: Prestone Information <[email protected]>
Subject: Chrysler MS-90032 compatible antifreeze

To Whom It May Concern,

Does Prestone Cor-Guard Antifreeze/Coolant meet Chrysler MS-90032 specs? I saw on your website FAQ page that it meets or exceeds Chrysler MS-12106, but my 2016 RAM 1500 with 5.7 Hemi engine requires the MS-90032 spec'd antifreeze and so far I can't find any manufacturer who states their product meets that particular specification. Any product recommendation you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Respectfully,

Guy

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Looked at this thread a few days ago and today I checked mine. The overflow is low. Right on the reservoir it says Oat coolant MS12106. Picked up a gallon from the dealer 20 bucks. Zerex g05 is the same I believe. But same price just went with the dealer. Have a 2016 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 HEMI