Anyone sell their Stock cats ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to be installing arh longtubes with high flow cats this week.... Anyone sell their stock ones? Or know if the cats are worth anything in scrap??? Lookin for quick sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i was offered $35 for mine (the pair) last weekend. i was always under the impression cats brought $, but after calling 3 scrap yards and being told "newer ones aren't worth much" I had already unloaded all my scrap...and just let them give me the $35 so I didn't have to haul them home. Probably could have got more, but places won't price them w/o seeing them, so it wasn't worth any more of my time. lol

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey that's good to know ! I wonder why newer ones aren't worth as much??? Maybe bevause there isn't as much demand for them ??? Interesting.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I only got $10-20 for one of mine at the scrapyard. Not worth a special trip but it's nice to throw on your scrap pile

Last edited:

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey that's good to know ! I wonder why newer ones aren't worth as much??? Maybe bevause there isn't as much demand for them ??? Interesting.

I believe older engines weren't as efficient, so the cats needed more platnium and such to catalyze the exhaust gasses. Newer engines are efficient...thus less need for the precious elements

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe older engines weren't as efficient, so the cats needed more platnium and such to catalyze the exhaust gasses. Newer engines are efficient...thus less need for the precious elements

Good to know thanks!