Arrington tb 88m

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dogeexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my father recently got rid of his 6.4 challenger ( upgraded to hellcat) and gave me his ported throttle body he purchased from arrington. Now I know most ported tb's for our 5.7 is 87 but do you guys think a 88 would be okay?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Let's be clear, the Arrington 88mm is NOT a ported throttle body, it's is a true bore throttle body and I would not recommend using it if you are basically stock or just bolt-ons. You will lose bottom end power because it's too large a throttle body. Now, if you were running a stroked block or a positive displacement supercharger then go for it, if not I would sell it and either get a ported 81mm throttle body or put it towards a different mod.

Arrington sells an 87mm ported throttle body that's made by Modern Muscle. Be sure which throttle body it is.

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So my father recently got rid of his 6.4 challenger ( upgraded to hellcat) and gave me his ported throttle body he purchased from arrington. Now I know most ported tb's for our 5.7 is 87 but do you guys think a 88 would be okay?
It doesn't hurt to try it. It won't damage anything. Slap it on and go run it and see how u like it. Now I will say that ur intake opening isn't that big, but either way try it and let us know how it goes. If u don't like it sell it I'm sure many will buy it on the LX forums

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah i would say to give it a try... not gonna cost u anything!

OP
OP
D

Dogeexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright folkes, you asked I'm delivering.
Slapped the 88 on to see if I could notice anything,
(This was done with vararam intake).
First off il state it was a royal pain in the.... to get the intake hose over that throttle body but it does fit!.
Next onto initial start up idles fine and such, gave the gas pedal a few bumps with the hood open and the intake suction noise was much more pronounced.
First test drive intake noise still more noticeable even with hood shut. I personally didn't notice any bottom end loss but my butt dyno says higher rpm had a very very slight bit more pull to it. Please note were not talking a massive power jumping mod to begin with.

I decided to leave it on if anything later down the road it will for sure be a benefit, I just had a limited slip installed and 3.92's put in so overall I'm sitting in a pretty happy spot.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You had the stock TB before?

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Unless you get the intake manifold opened up to the same size as the tb, it's kinda pointless to use it.